Kirstie86
Level 2: Rookie

Nano Sim came with contract phone

Answered

My contract ran out so I got a new iphone 5s and a new contract. Im keeping the same number and everything. I got the new phone sent out so I assumed Id have to go to The Telstra Shop and get my micro sim from my old phone cut to a nano sim. But my new phone came with a nano sim. This is going to sound really stupid I know but ... is that the nano sim I use or do I still need to get my old one cut??

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Nano Sim came with contract phone

Normally you can just perform a SIM swap onto the new SIM that came with the phone.

Perhaps use Live Chat and see if they can organise this for you.

Then you just have to put the new SIM in the phone and away you go.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Normally you can just perform a SIM swap onto the new SIM that came with the phone.

Perhaps use Live Chat and see if they can organise this for you.

Then you just have to put the new SIM in the phone and away you go.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Kirstie86
Level 2: Rookie

Cheers Kalak I wasnt aware of the Live Chat option. They just performed the SIM swap in about 5minutes. Saved a long trip to the telstra shop for a SIM cut.
Thanks again, appreciate it 🙂

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit