Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Need a new QR code after stuffing up the first one

Need some ideas.

Received a New post paid plan with iPhone 11 and eSIM. After downloading the eSIM with the QR code provided, I may have stupidly then removed the eSIM from the new phone thinking I could just reuse the QR code since I hadn’t activated the service yet. Apparently QR code’s are single use. Calling 132200 hasn’t not resulted in anyone being able to help.

Help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Need a new QR code after stuffing up the first one

Sorry for the frustration. Your SIM, whether physical or eSIM should only stop working when a new SIM or eSIM is installed. When you say you 'removed' the the eSIM from the handset, what do you mean exactly? Did you delete it? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Yes, deleted it. On iPhone it was remove plan.

Unfortunately I did this thinking I could just use the eSIM QR code again. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know. When you spoke with our team what has been advised? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

The advice was they could not send any sort of replacement sim (eSIM or physical) until the order for the plan upgrade had been completed. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know, has this been upgraded? Did they advise steps on how to fix this? 

Highlighted

Currently using the new iPhone with my old SIM card. New plan details have not been activated.

No steps were provided on how to rectify

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @smashtup,

Sorry for the late reply. Has this been resolved?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit