Marky878787
Level 2: Rookie

Need a new QR code after stuffing up the first one

Received a New post paid plan with iPhone 13 and eSIM. After downloading the eSIM with the QR code provided, I may have stupidly then removed the eSIM from the new phone thinking I could just reuse the QR code since I hadn’t activated the service yet. Apparently QR code’s are single use. Calling 132200 hasn’t not resulted in anyone being able to help they simply have no idea what to do to fix this HELP.......

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
23 REPLIES 23
ctttest

Re: Need a new QR code after stuffing up the first one

I have exactly the same problem! what should we do? have you got the solution? 

SlugThat

I'm stuck with the same issue. Set up my phone, but the order is still pending from Telstra's end. So, the eSIM QR code won't work, and I can't transfer my service from my old phone. They said it could take up to 5 business days. Phone is back in the box waiting till they sort themselves out. Raise a complaint with the TIO when it gets resolved. They shouldn't advertise a product for pre-order if you can't use it when you receive it. 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

The 132200 number works 9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays.

You could chat with Telstra Support using the chat function in the Get help section of the My Telstra app, or by sending them a message

SlugThat

I spent 5 hours on chat and an hour on the phone yesterday. They can’t do anything until the order processes. Might take up to 5 days. They recommended buying a $2 SIM and use a new prepaid number until it gets processed. They are powerless 😂

ctttest

I spent 5 hrs yesterday as well. Finally in the late afternoon they processed my order and at around 7pm I managed to transfer my service via My Telstra app. 

SlugThat

Really!? Is there anything you recommend me doing? I might be without a usable phone for a few more days if it doesn’t process. 

Meocon
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra are so painful to deal with, I had 6 accounts and now down to 2, I guess next year I will be moving completely to Optus. 

Meocon

Don’t waste your your time, they have no idea either, they asked to take into the store, the only issue are all stores are shut due to Covid for the last 3 months. 

Dowser

I would not accept that advice. You could lodge a complaint with Telstra, or switch to a physical SIM card, which could be posted to you.

ctttest

I just kept chasing them to speed up to process my order until they told me my order was completed. I transferred my esim using the mytelstra app after an hour. 

Meocon

Telstra charge me $90 a month, sent a new phone without a sim or QR code, have to wait for at the very least is 5 days on top of the 3 days wasted, that’s $24 of the plan which I cannot use but still have to pay. Do you think Telstra cares? NO

I tried calling QLD where the stores are open, calling over 20 locations, guess what, not one location picked up, does Telstra give a crap about the consumer here. NO 

It all about how much they can profit, and that’s all they cared about, everything is done offshore just in case you didn’t know that Dowser. 

Dowser

Did you order a new mobile phone service with your new mobile phone?.

If so, the SIM card could have been sent separately.

SlugThat

I'm at day 4 and still waiting. My order is stuck in the provisioning state, so I can't transfer my eSIM to my new device (or any device), I also can't port my number out to another service or provider to save my number. I have resorted to buying a prepaid SIM and forwarding my calls and SMS to that until it's fixed. Not to mention, I can't use iMessage on my new phone either. I think it's time to leave Telstra.... again!

Simon98

Yeah my QR code did not work - was unable to activate after adding to my new iPhone 13. Call centre had no idea how to fix and told me to go to a Telstra store..what is the point of an eSIM then??

SlugThat

Day 5 and my eSIM is still stuck in my old phone. I’ll hopefully get to use my iPhone 13 that’s collecting dust before the 14 is announced. I raised an ombudsman complaint, and requested a port out to Optus. It’s all waiting on the stuffed up Telstra order stuck in provisioning. Might be another week or two they said yesterday. Telstra is not ready to shift to eSIM - the technology is beyond their old school systems. 

Simon98

Yeah, painful. Optus lets you download an eSIM in their app, just like that. No visits to the store, which seems to be Telstra's answer for everything.

As for me, I'm heading into a store tomorrow to sort this mess out like its 1999.

Dowser

You could leave feedback for the My Telstra team asking when they will be implementing similar functionality (to what you say Optus already offer).

SlugThat

Telstra offers in-app eSIM transferring, it’s just that it takes you to a responsive web experience that doesn’t work as well as Optus’. It’s the backend systems that are outdated. 

BennyV1

So funny, I just got my new iPhone 13 pro and the eSIM transfer didn't work, I followed the bouncing ball in the apple transfer process and wiped my old phone foolishly trusting that everything would be fine. Now I have no phone and Telstra tech support are less than useless.

Very negative experience.

Dowser

Do you have the My Telstra app installed?.

What happened when you used its eSIM functionality?.

If you are able to make calls (using another phone) you could call Telstra Support on 132200 (9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays)

SlugThat

You have too much faith in Telstra. If the QR code link didn’t work, the in-app eSIM transfer mightn’t work either. This poor person’s order is stuck in provisioning - nothing can be transferred during this period. 

It took me porting my number out to Optus (with a physical SIM) and the ombudsman stepping in to remove the provisioning - that took two weeks. 

Lessons learned: don’t use eSIMs, don’t rely on Telstra systems. 

I’ve now moved my 7th and final service away from Telstra and have never been happier. 

Simon98

I’ve been calling, chatting and visiting Telstra for more than two weeks about this. I cracked it and raised a TIO case. Telstra has no idea why my order is stuck in provisioning. Literally no idea. They all just say to “wait 24-48 hours”. I’m only with Telstra for the coverage. Service is awful. 

SlugThat

I was in the same boat. The TIO case will take an additional week or two to resolve the provisioning. They will not reimburse for time wasted either, just force the order out of provisioning and refund you the two weeks of bill disturbance - probably $30 or so 🤣 It’s all a joke. 

I’ve taken a step away from Telstra’s coverage, but a step up for my sanity. They hold you ransom with this monopoly. Optus has been good. They’re chat team are very capable. The coverage is actually pretty good in 95% of the places I’ve tried so far 🤞

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit