Level 1: Cadet

Network keeps dropping

Since updating to IOS14, my network keeps dropping on my iPhone XS Max.

Sim has been replaced by Telstra, Apple say there is nothing wrong with the phone. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried restoring and it stills happens. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Network keeps dropping

Hi - do you mean your mobile network or your Wi-Fi network? Have you done a Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings to see if that assists. 

Level 2: Rookie

I have the same problem. Since I upgraded to IOS 14.1 my iPhone XS Max will not make or receive calls. I have tried replacing the sim, resetting the network settings, toggling the aeroplane button, on and off, changing mobile settings from automatic to Telstra staysafe (and back again) as well as turning the phone on and off multiple times and also downloading IOS 14.1 again while connected to my Mac and reinstalling. I contacted Telstra and they sent me to a ridiculous site called justanswer that forced me to sign up for a $89/month service and took $5 out of my account (although I was told this was reimbursable). Please help!

Level 25: The Singularity

How did you contact Telstra? They should never send you to a service like justanswer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hi - unaware if you have already done so, however it might be worth contacting the Apple Call Centre on this in case they can roll back your software update safely. If you went from 14.0.1 to 14.1 resulting in a no 4G network connection, it implies something was corrupted in the update. We have contacted Apple direct a few times over the years for a few Mac issues and they were very helpful and professional. 

Level 23: Superhero

Hello Mkrtich,   Are you sure Apple can roll back software on a mobile phone? That really surprises me.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Only within iOS 14 releases. As long as Apple is still signing a release, it can be rolled back to (hence why you can't roll back to iOS 13.7 - Apple revoked the signature).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hi - I don't know, but it is their product and I would expect Apple to fix any software issue with the phone. For the brave, there are two recommended procedures to do a roll back on the web which I would deem at risk and would not be game to follow - that is why I suggested a safer path. I think Apple should be able to assist someone in this predicament. With these situations, generally if someone is having a problem with an upgrade, given the market penetration, others are as well.  By now, I would expect Apple to be aware of similar events and may have some workarounds.  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit