tommos889
Level 1: Cadet

New esim plan

Hi,

i just purchased an iphone 12 pro from the apple store and it will be delivered sometime in the next month. I'm currently on a sim only $49 Telstra plan with my own Iphone 7.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Am i able to get an esim sim only plan? Im looking at the $115 plan at the minute. I'm hoping im able to transfer to an esim as soon as the iphone arrives and keep the same number.  

2. How do I keep my current number and switch everything to the new phone once it arrives
3. Should i organise changing plans before the phone arrives. I'm hoping to be able to activate the new sim as soon as it arrives but still want to be able to use my old phone on my current plan until that day
4.Does an esim QR code need to be mailed out or is it able to be activated instantly once purchased

Thanks for any help in advance, much appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New esim plan

Hi tommos, hope you're well!

You can definitely get setup on an eSIM only plan, you will need a QR code to get it setup however.

There's more details about the setup process available here: https://tel.st/luhu8

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit