parassidis3
Level 1: Cadet

New Orders Gone Wrong!!!

On the 25/7/2013 I ordered my 2 iPhones a home phone and broadband online.I was approved on all 4 applications,received emails of delivery and insulation times and everything was dandy.My iPhones were supposed to arrive on the 7/4 so I decided to take the day off work to take delivery as one of the phones was a gift for my wife.Not only didn't my phones arrive but I also received a tex from the control group to go and present 3 forms of I'd to a Telstra store which I did.The very next day I received a bill from Telstra on these new orders for a service I had never recieved!i then went back to the greensborough store to rectify this phantom bill and to collect my phones.The manager of the store was in disbelief,crediting back the bill to zero and calling the control group to make sure they have verified my ID from the previous day.They weren't happy with my ID's as my licence had my first name spelt Con and on my Medicare card it was spelt Kon.They then wanted a proof of bill with my correct first name on it and a pay slip and a birth certificate.I was ready to pull the pin until the control group mentioned that Im labelled as a suspected FRAUD APPLICANT!I quickly went home and picked up my birth certificate,my Foxtel bill and my Lease Agrrement.Going back to the store the same day,Darren the manager emailed all the documents to control group and they still haven't approved my account.I have done everything I've been asked to do 10 times over,I spoke to complaints and apparently they are looking into it.I have taken numerous days of work to sort this problem out as no one will accuse me of fraud !!!!Telstra you have made my life hell.My wife and I are pregnant with twins,we have a gorgeous 7 year old daughter,I have better things to do than spend my time at the greensborough Telstra store to clear my name of any wrong doing and you have the ordasitty to bill me on top of all the crap you have put me through and are putting me through.My legal team will be handeling the matter as you have given me no choice.Regards Con

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New Orders Gone Wrong!!!

Hi Con,

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. The Control Group process is to flag suspected fraud and ask that customers present ID. This is not to say that we are accusing you of fraud but rather that additional information is required to approve the order. This is common in orders where customers have no existing services and order multiple hardware items (mobile handsets).

This should be a relatively simple process, which seems to have gone awry in your case. So that we can get this investigated for you I suggest that you have a chat to our billing team here.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
parassidis3

I have presented numerous amounts of ID to the greensborough store such as drivers licence Medicare card lease agreement birth certificate pay slip bank card and a Foxtel account all registered in my name and application address.I spoke to both a customer relationship officer today and a control personnel with no success.Its at the point now were my legal team will get involved as nobody will accuse me of fraud!ThNks for your reply,regards Con Parassidid.
parassidis3

Oh yes the multiple accounts are myself reapplying for the same product as this is what control suggested I do....

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit