dins81
Level 1: Cadet

New Sim Old Number

Getting really frustrated, my father has an iPhone 5s - he couldn’t get onto the internet or receive picture messages with his pre paid sim so we were advised to get a new sim and transfer his old number over, we were told this would be really simple, it didn’t work work, we were told it was a faulty sim and they (Telstra) sent us a new one that would be set up ready to go…..got the new sim “serial number invalid” 

It’s been almost 4 weeks of calling and “SOS ONLY” with this new sim and that he hasn’t been able to use his phone and 4 weeks of phone calls to Telstra, they have told me 5 different times that it’s been escalated and that I’ll receive a call within 24-48 hours. No phone calls.

No one can put me through to any one that can help me. He has important doctors appointments that he needs this phone number to get dates for. So so frustrated! How do we get this fixed??? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New Sim Old Number

If the frontline consultants can't help, you would need to lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

It takes 5 business days for a Complaints Manager to be allocated and to make initial contact.

What Prepaid plan was he on? It could have just been the conditions on his plan that prevented data use.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
dins81
Level 1: Cadet

Re: New Sim Old Number

He was on an old plan (long life) which we changed to the one with data etc but it still didn’t work. So that was when we were advised to get a new sim and transfer his number over. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit