abbeymcc
Level 1: Cadet

No 4G

Phone was fine this morning, now no 3G/4G and SOS is popping up.

Unable to call Telstra for assistance.

Is this a company wide issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: No 4G

Have you looked on the Telstra outages website?

Have you tried a different Telstra phone/sim?

It could be that the local tower is having 5G installed.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi abbeymcc. 

Can I get your suburb and postcode to check on known issues in the area for mobile services?

- Tom 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

arush
Level 1: Cadet

Can you elaborate more about the 5G tower? We have had no service inside our house all weekend, but is full service the second we walk outside. It looks like a tower upgrade is happening in our area. Any suggestions about getting service back?

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

If the service is down due to an outage or planned maintenance in the area, most of the details should be updated here: https://tel.st/vx9fy. It won't necessarily provide specific details (such as what the planned maintenance is for) but the tech support team through the My Telstra app by heading to the "Get Help" tab and click the blue message icon to get things started. You can ask the team for outage information for your area, they can check what's being completed and whether there's an estimated time of restoration (ETR).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Telstra, like all other transmission networks, has a very firm policy of never ever discussing tower modifications just before or during the process. From my experience, even when the local tower in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne was being upgraded, it did not appear on the Outages website.  I had to go and see the folk actually working on the tower to know that was the reason I lost coverage.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you go into the coverage area of a tower that is due to undergo (or is undergoing an upgrade), you should get a text message telling you of the proposed window.

eg.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit