Powerpro
Level 1: Cadet

No cellular data on iPhone 7

Answered
Issue. After being oversees and using a Vodafone Greece SIM in my iPhone 7, that worked all over Europe with no roaming charges, I lost my ability to use cellular data on my iPhone 7 when I put the Telstra SIM back in.
Sounds like a simple issue. It was working fine for x years prior. Phone must have Vodafone carrier settings.
Nope. Tried everything, (from Apple support and Telstra support to rectify) reset the phone to factory, set up new account, etc still no cellular data. Phone and and etc worked fine.
Called Telstra, no issues with network etc. Put sim into another phone worked.... Put other sums into the iPhone also worked.
The combination of Telstra SIM and iPhone 7 failed.
Took the phone to Apple, they replaced the handset with a new one. Ok. Still the combination did not work. Called Telstra, and they decided the SIM must be faulty. Swapped out the sim at at t shop. Still didn't fix the issue.
So it's not the phone, tried a lebara sim on Telstra network, ok. Optus, ok. Vodafone ok. New Telstra SIM in my Samsung. Ok.
Called Telstra again After 2 hours they come back and advised the new iPhone 7 I was given was not certified to work on the Telstra network.
Really! When I asked out that was all iPhone 7's she said no, just mine!. What about the previous iPhone 7 that stopped working. No comment.
I contacted Apple. They denied that there was any difference in iPhone 7 models. They are investigating possible causes, and Telstra's response. Telstra support on the other hand were rude, and the support lady basically laughed at me oflver the phone whilst implying I should have bought my phone from Telstra..... shocking support. Thanks Telstra for another debacle. Every time I have every dealt with Telstra it has been a disaster. My simple resolution change carrier's.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: No cellular data on iPhone 7

@Powerpro.

There are other posts about this same issue on CrowdSupport, including solutions.

You can check this out here.

I hope that helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: No cellular data on iPhone 7

@Powerpro.

There are other posts about this same issue on CrowdSupport, including solutions.

You can check this out here.

I hope that helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit