Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

No tracking email, so far I have confirmed the order 3 times.

So far, no good Telstra.

I have been a long time vodafone customer, but I have just moved to Telstra to link all of my services together and so I could get better network coverage in my area and add 2 new iPhone 5's to the account.

I placed 2 orders on 15 September:

-First Order - White iPhone 5 16GB

-Second Order - Black iPhone 5 16GB

We received a call on Wednesday to confirm the order- Great!! The tracking number for the BLACK phone was received on the Thursday, and well I was a bit weary. I thought maybe they will come together, maybe I will receive another email shortly?

However on Friday morning the BLACK iPhone was received. No sign of an email or anything about the WHITE iPhone. So of course I called Telstra. On Friday I spent 3 Hours on the phone to Telstra, because after being on the phone for 45 minutes on hold, Telstra hung up on me. That happened twice. I confirmed my order and should receive a tracking number shortly. No email.

Saturday I received an email, but not a tracking number email- It was to say "PLEASE URGENTLY ACTION THE FOLLOWING ISSUE WITH YOUR iPHONE 5 ORDER.

Thanks for pre-ordering your iPhone 5 with Telstra Online.

We need to speak with you before we can progress your order.We’ve called you a number of times using the preferred contact number you provided in your order, without success."

But Telstra had not called since Wednesday when we placed the order, and it was already confirmed. SO I called Telstra, confirmed my order AGAIN. At this stage, the BLACK iPhone was still not working!! I should now receive the phone on Monday!

Today, Tuesday 25 Sept, I have got no sign of a tracking number, so I called Telstra again. Only to hear, "we need to confirm your order and speak to the account holder" (even though you have done this 3 times already.)

So apparently now I should receive a tracking number and receive the device shortly!

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble?

I will keep you updated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: No tracking email, so far I have confirmed the order 3 times.

Hi Loder,

Firstly welcome to Crowd Support and thank you for your post.

I'm happy to help you out with this one. First point of call would be to call the online shop, which I can understand you have done on a few occasions.

As you are still not having much luck, I have sent you a private message to obtain some more information so I can look in to this matter for you further. If you would like me to help you out please follow the instructions in my private message.

However if this matter has now been resolved, please do let me know and keep us updated. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Refer to my post and recent experience

Highlighted

I am in a similar situation. I ordered on the 14thand recieved a confirmation email. Then like so many others recieved an email about Telstra needed to get in contact with me urgently. So i called and confirmed the order, this was on sunday. They said i should get a confirmation email but 2 days later nothing has come through. I dont know if i should call again? or wait it out? My husband didnt pre-order and just walked into a shop and got the iphone no worries. I wish i did that.

Highlighted

Refer to my recent post for my experience - still no response from Telstra!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

So since Tuesday i have been back an forth with Telstra, "in 24 hours you will receive a tracking number" then the next day, "in 24 hours you will receive a tracking number" then "in the next couple of days you will receive a tracking number."

FINALLY, last night i received the tracking number. but guess what, today i tracked it and it is waiting at the post office. apparently i wasnt home. i was actully sitting out the front of my house all morning gardening. 

Well done StarTrack! FAIL!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit