GM15
Level 1: Cadet

Not receiving iPhone messages

Hi there,

For about a month I have not been receiving all my text messages. I have an iPhone 3 and even though other peoples phones say that they have delivered a text to me, the texts do not appear on my phone.

Furthemore, I have been texting people and those texts have not been received on their end (even though there has been no "delivery failure" message popping up when i send it.) 

This has only been happening for about 50% of all texts so Im not sure whats wrong... Is it Apples fault or Telstra's? How does that get fixed?

Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director

Re: Not receiving iPhone messages

If you are talking about the iPhone 3G technically that phone never got iOS5 so that would mean that you aint using iMessage at all and only SMS. i would suggest getting Telstra to look at your account first. Also that phone is quite close to being 5-6 years old and that phone would be getting close to dying and quite possibly the phone may be on its way out.
One other option would be swapping the SIM card out, maybe get a new one could be an issue with the SIM not connecting properly with the phone etc.

if you are talking about the iPhone 3Gs that did get iOS5 and iMessage, that could be your problem. The question is when you send a message does it come up at a Green or Blue bubble? thats the only way we can determine whos side the problem lies with.

Thanks
Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit