maddi3
Level 1: Cadet

Not receiving some calls and messages

Hi, has anyone had issues receiving calls and texts off certain numbers? I ported my number from Optus over 2 years ago and have been trying to get Telstra to fix the issue ever since. When they call they hear a message saying "Optus wishes to advise this number has been disconnected". Every time I talk to Telstra help service they ask the same questions and then tell me there's nothing wrong on their end. They also often try to blame it on network outages in my area even though I live and work in separate states. Customer service has been awful with this and I'm fed up of trying to tell them the same thing every month. Please help!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Not receiving some calls and messages

You need to ask Telstra to contact the Optus Porting Team to get them to finalise the porting process correctly (Optus needs to add a redirection into their numbers database pointing towards Telstra's network, otherwise phones that are on the Optus network will not be able to find your service and they will get the message that you describe).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
maddi3

They're saying its too late now because its been more than 2 weeks, so they assumed the porting went smoothly and apparently can't fix it now. I tried contacting Optus myself but they said they couldn't help as I was no longer a customer.

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Considering that the problem has existed for over 2 years and neither Telstra or Optus have been able to fix the problem, you could consider porting out to Optus (temporarily) and then back into Telstra, to see if that helps.

At least then Optus would assist if the porting process does not work.

maddi3

Yes that's a good point. So much effort but it seems like there's no other way.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit