Lozzzyyy
Level 1: Cadet

Number transfer

Answered
Hey I'm about to buy the new iPhone 5s and want to keep the same number.
I went into the Telstra store and the assistant gave me a nano sim that I am supposed to use to ring Telstra, give them the code on the back, then transfer my number onto it.
Which number do I call?! He didn't tell me.
Is there any way I can do it online?
Do I need to know my account details or is there any other information I need before I call?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Number transfer

Hi Lozzzyyy,

You do need to give us a call to get this done so that we can transfer your existing details onto the new sim. The number you need depends on what type of service you have. If it is prepaid give us a call on 132200 (say prepaid at the recording) and one of our prepaid team will get the sim activated for you. If it is a post paid service you'll need to call us on 1800629633to activate the sim. You only need to give the person you speak to your mobile number and they can bring up your account and authorise you to make the change.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Lozzzyyy,

You do need to give us a call to get this done so that we can transfer your existing details onto the new sim. The number you need depends on what type of service you have. If it is prepaid give us a call on 132200 (say prepaid at the recording) and one of our prepaid team will get the sim activated for you. If it is a post paid service you'll need to call us on 1800629633to activate the sim. You only need to give the person you speak to your mobile number and they can bring up your account and authorise you to make the change.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Toenail01
Level 1: Cadet

Lost my phone was with vodafone prepaid 15 years,because it was urgent I had to by telstra phone only one available. When I set it up they said I could transfere voda number to telstra no: no problem but nothing but problems so far can anyone help me. All phone customer service is the same tell you everything you want to hear but do nothing. They denied transferring number at all until I sent the Email I received from them originally then all apologies but still no problem solved. They are all the same,all talk no action,very dissapointing.
Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Toenail01, 

That definitely doesn't sound great. 

Have our team advised you what issues they are experiencing?

-Patrice

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit