Doogeey1
Level 1: Cadet

One number

I have two questions.
Has anyone ever successfully deleted a Telstra ID amd created a new one using the same email address ? 

and

Has anyone had success in getting their one number set up and working with Telstra on their series 6 Apple Watch while on a business plan ?

Dean

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
29 REPLIES 29
mikeb767
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: One number

I'm in the same boat - it appears there are two emails linked to the account and ive been trying to get the support to dissociate the two so I can set up the number with a new email/ID but no luck

Doogeey1

I hear your pain mate something so simple they could do on their end but nobody can fix it 

Dean
mikeb767

It's **bleep**ed ive spoken with about 20 different people on live chat, having to explain the problem each time. And the only way I found out what was causing the issue was by googling and trawling through problems other people have had on here - it turns out this has been a known issue for months if not years, yet support have no idea and seemingly no way to escalate to a tech that knows what they are doing.

They say they are lodging incidents, but the last one was closed with no comment or resolution, and the latest incident number doesnt even show up.

Absolute joke - the only reason I signed up for a post paid plan was so I could access number share, my first month has already been burned through without being able to do this and with hours and hours wasted speaking with people on chat who just leave midway through the conversation so I have to start again with a new person..

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER AT TELSTRA?!

Dowser
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

@Doogeey1 wrote:

Has anyone ever successfully deleted a Telstra ID and created a new one using the same email address ?

No I have not, but you could try change the existing email address using the following steps:

Sign in at the Telstra homepage. Then click on the profile symbol at the top-right.

Then look at the 'Update your personal details' section and select Email address update, and follow the steps.

mikeb767

That just changes the contact email not the Telstra I’d email

mikeb767

I have managed to dissociate my service from my old email and attach it to a brand new Telstra ID but I still can’t access esim or Telstra one settings under extras- just the same as before

Dowser

@mikeb767 wrote:

I have managed to dissociate my service from my old email and attach it to a brand new Telstra ID but I still can’t access esim or Telstra one settings under extras- just the same as before

How did you achieve that?.

You could message support to associate One Number with your new Telstra ID via https://tel.st/pamgz

mikeb767

I request the support line to do it - took 5 tries but seems to have finally worked. I'm now in the process of trying to enable telstra one

Dowser

Try going into the My Telstra app, click on the profile logo & see what it says under Manage Telstra IDs.

See if the correct one is selected.

You can then see if One Number shows up under Services > Mobile > Extras

mikeb767

The correct one is selected, but nothing is listed under extras.

Dowser

Back to contacting Support ...

You can message them via https://tel.st/pamgz

Dowser

Have you tried this:

To activate your Telstra One Number on an Apple Watch:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone 
  2. With Bluetooth turned on, pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone  
  3. When prompted during setup, confirm your Telstra One Number subscription, and your Apple Watch will automatically connect to the Telstra network
mikeb767

Still not luck: the error i get is the same as before:

This service isn't linked to the Telstra ID you entered

To link this service with your Telstra ID, please contact the legal account holder.

Alternatively, you can try logging in with a different Telstra ID.

mikeb767

I've been in constant contact with support for 3 weeks

Dowser

@mikeb767 wrote:

To link this service with your Telstra ID, please contact the legal account holder.

Okay, it’s possible that you still have more than one Telstra ID.

To work out which ones you have, go to the Telstra home page. Click on Sign In, then Recover Username. Follow the steps 

to have your username(s) emailed to you.

- there might be several ones

- try the One Number Activation for each ID that the email says that you have

mikeb767

Nope, I have tried the recover username service and can confirm that the new telstra id is the only attached one.

mikeb767

Very frustrating having to figure out these solutions on my own - i thought they would have trained support to use these tools instead of relying on the customer to do their own research to diagnose their issues.

Dowser

Sign into the Telstra webpage.

1. Select the Services tab from the menu at the top of the page

2. Click on Can’t see one of your services? Get help >

3. On the next screen, enter the requested details, and follow the remaining prompts to add the service to your account.

mikeb767

I can see the service - so there is no additional service to add.

Dowser

@mikeb767 wrote:

That’s weird considering that you say that you only have one Telstra ID and that the One Number service is already showing under services.

I suspect that One Number is still associated with a different Telstra ID.

Contact Support again.

mikeb767

You misunderstood - I can see the service under the account, but the one number service is not showing at all - i have never had the option to enable one number.

I am in constant contact with support - I finally got through to a tech team with a higher support tier and he is equally stumped. 

Dowser

Okay. Ask them to check if One Number works on your particular plan.

For example, Telstra One Number, is not currently compatible with the new Telstra Upfront Mobile Plans.

mikeb767

That would be it - i am on the upfront mobile plan. It is shocking to me that after 3 weeks and conversations with constant support reps that they did not pick up on this. 

mikeb767

I feel pretty mislead as was under the impression that this was available to all mobiles on a plan. I would not have signed up to this plan if this knowledge was made available easily, which judging by the confusion by every support rep it confirms that this is not common knowledge.

Dowser

@Doogeey1 wrote:

Has anyone had success in getting their one number set up and working with Telstra on their series 6 Apple Watch while on a business plan ?

Regarding your second question, on the Telstra page https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/use-manage-telstra-one-number

it states

Please note, Telstra One Number is currently unavailable for mobile services on Telstra business accounts and for services on a Telstra Upfront Mobile or Data Plan.”

so it’s currently unavailable on business accounts.

Dowser

@mikeb767 wrote:

That would be it - I am on the upfront mobile plan. It is shocking to me that after 3 weeks and conversations with constant support reps that they did not pick up on this. 

That is disappointing. You could ask Support for the timeframe for One Number inclusion into  your plan.

mikeb767

Just heard back from support- there is no ETA on when esim or Telstra one functionality will be available for any of their new plans. 

This is a pretty shocking oversight in my opinion as all the support reps had no idea this was the case either. 

I will have to port my number over to Optus and request a refund for payment made so far as the only remedy available. 

Doogeey1

That’s absolute bull**bleep** that you can’t get a one number on any Telstra plan. I do not know why they are not putting an announcement out there to their loyal customers about this problem. Telstra you are a disgrace. Not only have your reps lied to me about the one number I have been made to pay out my phone to be able to move to consumer account which still does not work. Telstra tell your **bleep**ing employees that the one number does not work on the new series 6 Apple Watch. 

Dean
mikeb767

I have requested a cancellation and refund and will be porting to Optus. I too was assured by support reps before signing up it was possible - in fact I made it clear it was the only reason I was subscribing. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit