Kudz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Order Delivery

I’m writing this with great disappointment as I am a big fan of the Telstra services. I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max on a plan via one of the consultants over the phone and it’s been nearly a week I haven’t received as little as a confirmation email on my order. I have called every day after the 48hr period they ask for to get that sent out and I’ve received absolutely no answers. They keep saying the order is “in transit” but still no tracking number or email has been sent out. Very disappointing. I can’t even cancel the order so I can go in store anymore because it’s gone to a point of no return. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Reenipops
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Order Delivery

Unfortunately, be prepared for a possible long wait. My local Telstra store advised that the Toll ransomware breach (more than COVID-19 cited) has mostly affected deliveries to an expected number of weeks. I ordered an Apple device on April 29th and still no shipping details as of today (23 May). It seems from other forums such as Whirlpool that current delays appears to have averaged 4-6 weeks. Some deliveries have been arriving without any tracking details (ie. no email notice). Even more concerning, some Whirlpool users are reporting orders cancelled without notification after some weeks. I feel the best hope is to cross fingers at this stage and check in weekly that the order is still current. 

Kudz

Omg that really sucks! It’s even worse because I can’t even cancel the order even through them to just go in store and do it in person. I hope you get yours soon coz that’s such a long wait for you. I’ll keep you updated on mine. 

Reenipops

I will also try to remember to update once my device arrives. Hopefully for us and everyone it is soon as Toll continue to restore their services Smiley Happy 

Reenipops

An update for Kudz and anyone else following the non-shipment of Telstra orders...

I found this update from a Telstra insider posted on Whirlpool -

"Toll is back now so delays are mostly caused by the robot failing and lack of staff to pick up these orders, as mentioned they need to be built in Siebel by a human and shipped in a different system — mobile orders take about 15 human minutes so the delay is understandable when you consider outsourced departments in Manila and India are limited due to COVID. About half of mobile orders fail at robot stage"

Now approaching 5 weeks and still no shipping details, though. This is my first time purchasing a device from Telstra after may years with Optus and I'm bitterly regretting my decision.

Kudz

My God this is so annoying. I’ve called them to cancel my order and escalated the situation so hopefully they cancel it and I can go and get it in store because the store near my house has the phone. But they probably will take forever to get that done too so I don’t even know at this point I’m just now sad more than anything it’s really upsetting. Thank you for the update though. 

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you go in store and order and they need to get the handset in, you will be looking at about a 3 week wait at the moment. Plus you will only get notification that it is on its way on the day of delivery.

The first thing you will get is notification that your new plan has been activated (about 24-48 hours prior to delivery) as that happens at the dispatch stage. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Reenipops

To be honest, a 3 week wait appears to be worth it as it's probably the quickest way to receive an order at present. 

Kudz

No I won’t have to because they have the phone in store at the store near my house and they are holding it for me incase I get this current order canceled 

Kudz

Hi guys. So another week has gone by and the order I made this post about still hasn’t arrived or been sent out. But after I commented last time someone reached out to me and told me to call and directed the code to the disconnection place and they would help me out. So I called on Tuesday night this week and I spoke to a guy he still couldn’t cancel the order that’s processing but he suggested he gets me a new order under a new phone number just so I can get the device but not activate that Sim card

Kudz

So I did what he said and he said he would call me when my bill comes out and transfer the number he sent the phone out with to my original phone number and if the other phone number ends up coming I just have to send it back which is fine with me he assured me I would get my phone by the end of the week which would’ve been today. However I didn’t get the phone today and during the day I was quite annoyed about it but I just left it as I am tired of chasing Telstra. But good news happened around 8:30 pm I got a notification throughAustralia Post and they have sent out the phone so now it will be here sometime next week. I will let you guys know when it actually arrives but I’m just happy at least now I know it’s in Oz post hands

Rohan123
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi @Kudz 

well it seams like it has been a long and drawn out process for you.

there are lots of posts on crowd support atm talking about order delays, your not alone.

It's not all Telstra's fault as @Reenipops  posted above! toll, which delivers for Telstra is having a few difficulties atm. Put us being in a global pandemic and normal supply chains being down on top of that, along with half the call centers/ back of house staff. that process these orders, not being able to go to work.

It's annoying, but understandable to an extent.

I hope your faith in Telstra services can be revived. Smiley Happy

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Kudz

Hi Reenipops, 

I’ve got a good update today. The order that the guy made for me last week actually arrived today and I finally have my phone even though it’s under a different phone number. I can still use my current phone number which I am going to keep until the guy calls me when my bill comes out and fix is the situation with the other number. What’s going on with your order any news yet?

Reenipops

Well done!

No news on this end. I had an email arrive like you did after our recent conversation, but it contained the usual message about COVID and suppliers, etc. Six weeks now which is my limit, so time to finally cancel the order and get it from the Apple store where it’s in stock and available on 24 months interest free. I can save the data plan through my phone’s personal hotspot, which then makes it about the same price as Telstra’s 3 year payment plan anyway (Hint for anyone looking for a way around the delays!)

Enjoy your new phone @Kudz and thank so much for the updates!

Kudz

Aww I’m disappointed that yours still hasn’t arrived or gone through. For me it took pressure and constantly calling to finally get proper help. Hopefully you can cancel it with no issues like my order had 🙄. Let me know if any updates or anything and good luck with getting the phone canceled 😩

Reenipops

Oops, reading your reply I realised I hadn’t mentioned I had been waiting for an iPad Pro... 😊

Kudz

Oh Ahahaha that’s actually funny. I don’t know why I thought we were waiting for the same thing. Either way, good luck Ahahah 

Reenipops

A final reply to resolve this case just in case anyone finds our thread.

After seven weeks I was finally advised my order has been cancelled. No details on Telstra’s system apparently, just cancelled. This was the day after a cookie-cutter email from Meg Bonighton, Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres, thanking me for my patience while my order is being processed. 

Three months after moving to Telstra from Optus, I give up! Living in a rural area, I had hoped Telstra might deliver on the “Australia’s Best Network” promise. Not a chance.

To assist search engine keywords:

Telstra Delays

iPad Pro

Regional areas

Order cancelled no notification

Kudz

Oh wow I’m sorry to hear that. That really sucks! The order I had made also got cancelled just a few days ago so lucky I had had the guy I spoke to make a new one. 
I hope you can find the device you wanted in a store close to you. Very disappointing that this happened to you and I’m sure a heap of other people too. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit