Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ordered Iphone 5 last week online, Delivered in a couple days, all was good until....

Hi Guys,

I always recommened Telstra to Everyone I think they have a great mobile network and constantly happy with the Network Service I receive.

I ordered the Iphone 5 last week, Received in a few days. Activated the SIM (Keeping my old mobile number) on Tuesday of last week. Was told it could take up to 24 hours to activiate..

• Called Back on Wednesday as still not activated - Told to wait 24 hours
  • Called Back on Thursday still not activated - Told a Supervisor will call me back to let me know what was happening in 24 hours
  • Called Friday Still not activated - Told A supervisor would CB - I said no and would hold to speak to someone who could help with this technical issue - After around 20 mins of holding the lady came back and said sorry sir we cant get anyone to help a supervisor will call you back within 24 hours
  • Went to a Telstra shop, This really made me mad - It was unusually busy so I waited in line at the counter to be served - a member of staff was walking around the shop with an ipad putting peoples names / questions in it so people could be served in order - which is not a bad idea however when eventually it was my turn the guy behin the counter was just starting to help me when the same girl who took my details and name came up and said oh sorry you will have to speak to online orders to get the to re-process your order?? I was like umm, i told you the issue about 25 mins ago and now your telling me this? why didnt you just help me to start with? I just assumed she was a casual trying to speed things up - turns out she knew more than the guy helping me..

Anyway left store with no resolution.

Given up calling them as they just keep saying "Apologies sir, the information say please wait 24 hours" Me: Yes I know that but 24 hours does eventually end, it doesnt mean every time I call you just keep saying that...

I mean seriously, is it hard to activate a SIM card, surely they deal with thousands of these per day / week.

Rant over, I will never recommoned Telstra for their customer service - Telstra should take note, that I dont want to talk about the weather here or in the phillipines I want the operator to take ownership of my problem and help get it sorted..

So if anyone in telstra are reading this please help me .... My mobile number is *removed for privacy*

Regards

SIMON

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

5 weeks ....

Oh - 5 WEEKS. Thanks for the warning ....

Highlighted

Re: 5 weeks ....

I think you have mis-ready my post..

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Ordered Iphone 5 last week online, Delivered in a couple days, all was good until....

I received my new iPhone on Friday along with new sim (keeping same number with Telstra). They activated my sim whilst on the phone and it was active within a few minutes. Not sure what the problem could be taking up to 24 hours.

Highlighted

Re: Ordered Iphone 5 last week online, Delivered in a couple days, all was good until....

Spoke with the live chat and my problem has been escalated to the complaints dept.. Even though I dont want to complain, I just want it working.

Last resort, I am cutting my normal sized SIM to the same size as the nano so I can use my iPhone ....

Highlighted

Update..

Had a call today, I was asked if the service was working.... I said No... Then they asked me to confirm my SIM serial again for the 10 millionth and 1 time just in case - so i did and then she said.. sir can I give you a ref for the call... I just said no thanks and she hung up..

Telstra also sent me an email with the rate your service form... All 0's i'm afraid Telstra...

I have given up calling them, I will just wait until they sort it!!!  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit