MB211
Level 1: Cadet

Outlook Calendar on PC not syncing with ios devices

We have Windows 365 installed on our PC, and I am trying to synchronise my Outlook calendar with my ios devices.

The microsoft website says to link the iphone to the pc via cord and use iTunes - however, I have all of my data going through icloud, not itunes.  So I open iCloud app on PC and select synchronise mail, contacts, calendars and tasks with outlook.  I get a message : Outlook Setup Error: Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error (0x800706ba).

So I have tried instead to use an alternative route - to download the Outlook app to my iphone, and am able to view my emails.  However, in the Outlook app when I click on calendar I get the following message "No Connected Calendars, none of your accounts have a calendar attached.  Add an account."

I have tried to find what it is I do here to no avail.  It may be that I need to change the email from an imap to exchange server.  Is that correct?  If so how do I do this, as I can find not information about this online, and when discussing it with a Telstra technical support they were not able to help.  

Hope someone out there has been able to solve this one.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Outlook Calendar on PC not syncing with ios devices

Which email provider do you use?.

MB211
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Dowser,

we are with Telstra Bigpond.

Dowser

@MB211 wrote:

So I have tried instead to use an alternative route - to download the Outlook app to my iphone, and am able to view my emails.  However, in the Outlook app when I click on calendar I get the following message "No Connected Calendars, none of your accounts have a calendar attached.  Add an account."

To connect your iPhone Calendar:

Go to iPhone Settings > Calendar > Accounts > Add Account > Outlook.com and follow the steps.

(You may have to create a Microsoft live account if you do not already have one.  Use your bigpond email address as the sign in email address)

Eventually you will be asked "Let this app access your info?" (Calendars etc), select Yes.

Disclaimer: I tried this up to the last steps then cancelled.  Let me know how you go.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit