Level 3: Gumshoe

Phone not on MyTelstra app

I recently changed my mobile phone plan. Immediately it dropped off the MyTelstra app. My other 3 devices are still there, but it is not.

I have contacted Telstra 26 times via their terrible message non service. All the people do is ask...have you deleted and reinstalled the app...yes, have you cleared cache...yes, have you turned device on and off...yes.

then they disappear. There is a function under Telstra.com.au / support, to do a diagnostic test on device, however, you have to select from your list of devices...it is not there either!

Any  ideas how to get my phone back on MyTelstra?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Phone not on MyTelstra app

You need to ask them to reassociate the service with your Telstra ID. They may need to escalate it to the back of house team.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

thank you, all the back of the house said, after NOT reading my problem, reinstall the app. I have done everything possible! now on a different computer on Telstra.com.au, still not under my account 

There does appear to be a problem with the system. One of the Community Managers has forwarded the issue to the team that looks after the app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

App not working for me either. Got better results on a computer login but still not everything there. Been like this at least all this week. There’s simply no body to call and no way of reporting this issue. Impossible to get anything resolved this way Telstra. You need to run some test scenarios and see how frustrating it is and not simply removing any and all ways customers can contact you to request support. 

And of course there is no one at Telstra that helps get it fixed! Funniest comment from one was, try another provider, I said, OPTUS? They said yes! T say, it shows at our end, your problem! 

Support

how do I get my phone to show on services so I can view my data? 

Re: Support

You will need to wait until the problem has been investigated. The problem has been passed on to the App team.

The agent got back to me from the ‘back’ area... his solution, delete and reinstall the app! Pathetic as the complaint said... I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, deleted history and cache, tried different browsers. They have absolutely no idea and don’t read the complaint. And I was told... it is fine in our end... then hung up! 

The problem has been forward to the real back end team (ie the team who writes to code for the front end for the app and website) to try and figure out what is going wrong.

Level 1: Cadet

Unfortunately Telstra doesn't do itself any favours when it sends you adds like this when the problem is the App and you can't get help with it: 

Did you know you can manage your services and take advantage of offers while you're out and about with the My Telstra app?

The other frustrating thing is I have been receiving constant Emails about Telstra Plus and my points that I can't see or use without the App. Not good

Thanks, but I had a response from the back of the house...reinstall the app! They didn’t or couldn’t read, that I have done that heaps of times! Someone directed me to support, to do a diagnostic test on the device that isn’t showing! How dumb. If it is not there, how can you test it? 

Totally agree! Since I told them I have had my phone dropped off the services, they have bombarded me with emails, text messages... all offering me deals! Terrible... worst company ever, using a paying customer who they have dropped off their system, to bombard with adds! Worse than the solar dodgy companies! 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit