Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Pre-order confirmation

Answered

Hello Folks

I successfully managed a preorder for the new iPhone5 along with my transfer from Optus to Telstra early last Saturday morning. I am out of contract with Optus. At the completion of the preorder steps, I did get a Safari screen saying my order were successful and providing me with an order number, which unfortunately, I didn't record. The web page stated I'd receive a confirmation email shortly. I lost my 3G connection some time later (bloody Optus!) and in the process lost the page with my order number, which I could not retrieve from History or with the back button.

The reason I post here is because the only email I received at this time were an "email bill activation" email from Telstra. So I phoned Telstra on Monday, and they tell me it "looks like" my order is OK, as I have a pending new account. However, they were unable to provide me with my order number. Then yesterday, I received a bundle in the mail welcoming me to Telstra and providing me with all the info about my plan etc. So I'm assuming all is well.

But to date, I have still not actually received any confirmation email concerning my iPhone5 preorder. I presume everything is fine, but am concerned that no confirmation email were ever received. Are any of the Telstra staff here on line able to help clarify my situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre-order confirmation

All sorted. Thank you Yannick (and Ben). I must say my experience dealing with anything Telstra has been first class.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

You should get an email when the phone gets dispatched, or you can call 1300 131 113 with your details and they can try and locate it Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

All sorted. Thank you Yannick (and Ben). I must say my experience dealing with anything Telstra has been first class.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit