Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

QR code ???

Answered

I bought an unlocked iPhone 11 Pro Max thinking I could insert my pre-paid sim which didn’t work as I noticed on the device in Mobile section says “Add mobile plan” I then got my nano sim converted my sim over from being pre-paid to plan which still didn’t work. Phone still in SOS MODE! now when I go into “add mobile plan” it asks for a QR code! Please help me how do I get a QR code and do I need an eSIM if it is asking for a QR code? Please help ASAP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: QR code ???

You don't need an eSIM, that is only required if you select "add mobile plan". Nano-SIMs work in the phone (you can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM).

Where did you buy the phone from?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

You don't need an eSIM, that is only required if you select "add mobile plan". Nano-SIMs work in the phone (you can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM).

Where did you buy the phone from?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I bought it off a private sale brand new the person said it was unlocked but when I put my physical nano sim it’s not reading it and still says SOS in top right corner ?

Highlighted

Go to https://amta.org.au/check-the-status-of-your-handset/ and enter the IMEI number of the phone (dial #06#) and see if it is IMEI blocked (usually means it is stolen).

Highlighted

When I tried putting in the IMEI number it says access denied, daily threshold exceeded 

Highlighted

I have checked on a few other website using the IMEI number and all have said the iPhone is “Clean” and unlocked ! 

Highlighted

If they're not Australian sites, then they aren't definitive. If an IMEI was blocked in Australia, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is blocked across the globe. Try accessing it using a private/incognito browser window.

I just tried and it's working ok on my browser.

It may be network locked, but I would usually expect another message to come up about that. Maybe try a cheap Prepaid Optus or Vodafone SIM in it to see if it works.

Highlighted

Ok thanks and will do 

Highlighted

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit