GuyHamilton
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Declined iPhone 5 Pre-orders

Hi Yannick,
I can understand you guys must be busy, but I have called the above number looking for more information on why our order was declined but no one is able to give me any answers.

My business partner and I both order phones through the pre-order and were told everything was ok, then shortly after received a notice saying it was rejected due to eligibility checks. I called Telstra and was told there was nothing wrong with my application and all my credit checks were fine so they were not sure what the problem was. I called the above number and the only answer they could give me was that it was a problem with the pre-order system as my business partner and my details were similar - but nothing she could do about it so they cancelled my order. I have read on forums someone saying your pre-order system might detect similar details as fraudulent. I just want to know if there is anything I can do as its a bit frustrating having my order cancelled because of what has been described by the operator as a problem with the pre-order system. If you could shed any further light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
69 REPLIES 69
Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

Guy, from what I've seen, you're not the only one who had this problem; I think a fair few customers have had their pre-orders cancelled with no proper explanation/in error, or over something that could easily have been rectified with a phone call.

I'm not trying to start a big debate here, but I feel that this is something Telstra could have handled better, by either contacting customers first and giving them a chance to rectify the situation, or by temporarily keeping that phone allocated to the customer in case they do call to find out what the go is, and if they can do anything about it. Yes I realise it would be a lot of extra work, but you'd have a lot more happy customers and thus create a better image for the company.

It doesn't affect me as I didn't order an iPhone 5 and don't intend to, but I do feel sorry for those who have now missed out simply because of an error on Telstra's end, or because of a small issue that would easily be fixed with one phone call.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

As per the above:

If your order is declined, unfortunately it hasn’t met all of our eligibility checks and we can’t complete it online. You’ll receive an email to the address you provided when submitting your order which confirms this. In the meantime, your online order has been closed and any amount charged will be refunded to the credit card you used when placing the order.

You are welcome to apply in store on the 21st (launch day) if you want to get the handset, however it depends on the checks that have been run.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@Mitcho1989 wrote:
I'm not trying to start a big debate here, but I feel that this is something Telstra could have handled better, by either contacting customers first and giving them a chance to rectify the situation, or by temporarily keeping that phone allocated to the customer in case they do call to find out what the go is, and if they can do anything about it. Yes I realise it would be a lot of extra work, but you'd have a lot more happy customers and thus create a better image for the company.

If there is nothing the customer can do, it would add insult to injury to call them. Credit and Eligibility assessments are usually "Hard" which means that the override can't be shifted or changed.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Lathania
Level 21: Augmented

@Ben_F wrote:

If there is nothing the customer can do, it would add insult to injury to call them. Credit and Eligibility assessments are usually "Hard" which means that the override can't be shifted or changed.

B.

Because they're done through credit agencies and not just Telstra. Sometimes the account system will just say "no".

Lathania

@Ben_F wrote:

If there is nothing the customer can do, it would add insult to injury to call them.

B.

Fair enough, and I agree, IF there is nothing the customer can do, then cancel the order and send an email. However there have been some instances (like Guy's situation as above) where the order was cancelled and Telstra themselves can't explain why, as there's no issue with the account. In those cases, a phone call first, or keeping the phone allocated for a short period of time until he could sort out the issue, would make the world of difference.

Ben_F

I think part of the problem is that, when conducting a credit check, the system doesn't alert the staff to the reasons for the failure, its just says "No".

What this means, is that staff won't be able to tell you specifically why your order has failed. Its like putting in an application for a loan. You get told You don't meet our Credit Criteria. You don't get told you need to earn an extra $x per week/fortnight and have $x in savings to be approved.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

GuyHamilton

Hi Ben and Mitcho,
Thanks for your replies.

From what I understand from all the phone calls I have been on it is indeed a fault with the Telstra Pre-order system. As we are a business and have tried to order 2 phones (under different names and phone numbers - both of which are both registered with Telstra already and have been on plans for over the last 2 years). Apparently this has been flagged within the system as fraudulent and the order has been cancelled. I called Telstra and they said all my checks were fine so I know that isn't the problem. Someone on live chat and on the phone confirmed the pre-order system as having this fault - but no one else seems to be willing to do anything about it.

My main issue is I'm sure there are other businesses that are ordering multiple phones, and it seems like poor management to just cancel the orders and say nothing can be done about it when it seems like the problem isn't with us, its with the system. Telstra has both our account details on file so they should of referenced the details and they would of seen it was not a fraudulent transaction. I've been told to go in store and stand in line which - due to running a business isn't really an option as I would have to shutdown the business to go line up in-store during office hours.

I have been on the phone and live chat to a number of people and I just seem to get pushed onto the next person with no one wanting to deal with the issue. One person on live chat told me there was another pre-order this morning and I should of re-ordered then - however I was not notified of this and without the system being rectified I would obviously have the same issue. I would of just hoped as a customer running a business there would of been better support offered instead of being told tough luck - go into your store. Especially when staff have acknowledged an issue with the system.

I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks to get a phone but im having problems with my current phone so really need a solution soon. I hope someone is able to help out soon.

Thanks again for your time and help!
Guy.
JackoPerth
Level 2: Rookie

I have a similar problem.

I have all my Telstra services on a bundle which I have paid $320 per month for over two years. This includes two IPhones. 

I pre-ordered two IPhone 5's as upgrades as I am out of contract. 

One order has failed the 'eligibility' test. I am assured a phone call tomorrow from the department in question however an on-line chat consultant has told me it is a credit assessment which determines how much credit Telstra is able to extend to a customer. 

Neeless to say, if this issue is not resolved to my satisfaction I will be canceling all services and porting my IPhone's to Virgin. 

I am absolutely appalled how Telstra have dealt with this. 

gv

What about the customers who's credit wasn't the issue for being rejected?

I don't think Telstra or some of the members here get that. Customer service has really let Telstra down.

GuyHamilton

I am getting a phone call tomorrow as well, but the support staff told me nothing they can do, would be the same result and I am wasting my time. I am going to stay optimistic though - will see how it goes and keep you posted. Good luck Jacko.
JackoPerth

Thanks mate, I will post the outcome to inform other members.
nickkilmo

To share my experience with my Pre Order....Placed the order, all good. Just shy of 24 hours later I get an email saying that I had not met the credit criteria and my order had been cancelled. After spending an hour on the phone today, through 3 different areas of Telstra, it was ascertained that I had been declined because of a system error, that hadnt updated the fact that I had paid an outstanding debt to Telstra. This had all been sorted today, and I should, I say SHOULD, I reapply for another contract with Telstra, there is now a note on my account to manually overrider the "system" as it is, you guessed it, incorrect.

So had I been contacted by a Telstra CSO, my order may have proceeded and I would have been happily getting an iPhone 5 in a few days....

So in response, yes, the customer SHOULD be contacted, regardless of whether it seems nothing can be done. And before I get the "You are welcome to apply in store on the 21st (launch day) if you want to get the handset, however it depends on the checks that have been run." I am a regional WA resident, shift worker, and wil be unable to attend the hording masses that will be camped out at stores. So I will miss out for sometime until I am able to drive to the city, when stock is available to sign up.

My 2 cents.

gv

Hi nickkilmo

Great post and I'm glad you got somewhere with Telstra.
I too live in regional WA so get frustrated with the go to your nearest store to pick one up.
I too think that it is common courtesy to call customers if something isn't right. Rather than a vague email.
milkmilk776
Level 1: Cadet

yes, totally agree. cannot provide any reason just reject our pre-order. at lease should give us a call, and i am exisitng telstra customer, dunno what kind of credit detail is missed and no one can answer this issue
milkmilk776
Level 1: Cadet

Ben_F is that mean we r 100% sure to get one on store?? by printing out this email????
GuyHamilton

Milkman, from what I was told on the phone Telstra wouldn't reserve stock instore, so your only option is brave the masses or miss out. This is frustrating and not really a solution when your order is cancelled by a Telstra system error. Anyways fingers crossed and I'll let you guys know how I go after the phone call.
dclnmurray

Have to agree, I got declined yet I am a current customer with an iPhone 4 that has just come off contract.  Very frustrating but I am happy to go to store on Friday.  My only concern is not enough stock as what happened with iPhone 4 release.

If this puts a hold on getting the phone it just puts the contract back some time and therefore there is a follow on effect when they release iPhone 6/7 in two years time and I still have a month to go on contract Smiley Sad

If I get told there will be enough stock I will be happy.

Dave

nickkilmo

I'm just disappointed that Telstra's customer service only becomes good when nothing can be done to rectify the error and appease the customer. From my point of view, my order should be honoured as I have done nothing wrong and it is actual fact Telstra's mistake. But do you think that will happen??

If I didn't live in country WA, I would go elsewhere....

robertash

Same issue here, automatic 'declined', and after so many chats on the phone and live chat there's nothing wrong with my account in terms of credit checks etc, but some automatic system that rejected it without giving information why.

It's not so much the glitch itself that is frustrating, but that noone seemed to be able to step in and fix the problem. It was very much "go to the store they'll work it out".

I would have to say though, the Live Chat people were great, and wanted to help, it actually was the Online Store team that didn't seem to want to fix the issue.

GuyHamilton

Hi Robertash,
So whats the verdict with your order? Still cancelled or did they sort you out? I am still waiting on my call so not sure what will happen yet.
robertash

Yeah basically it's automatically cancelled if you get that email about eligibility checks.

The only thing they can do for me is wait until Friday when the phones are available at retail and phone orders and place order that way.

Honestly, a bit of a cop-out if it's due to an issue with their system. Basically anyone I speak to on phone/live chat essentially have to call the online store team to ask about it and all they ever say is "it was declined, no reason given, there's nothing we can do".

Good luck with yours, hopefully someone can actually sort it out for you. 

I always seem to have issues with the online store, can understand if I was a new customer, but as an existing customer it's odd.

Ben_F

Telstra's Credit and eligibility checks check a range of systems both with Telstra and with External Companies (such as a Credit Reporting Agency). Telstra use all your information (including Age, Address, Time Spent at Address, Previous Debts and Previous Credit Applications with Telstra and other providers) and then generate a "score" which is compared to a benchmark.

This is done behind the scenes, some of the messages that will be spat out are like:

Application Denied. Customer does not meet Telstra's credit Critera. Promote Pre-Paid Services (This is the Majority Error)

Application Denied. Please contact the Control Group on 1800 xxx xxx. Reason: [Tagged as Deceased/Tagged as Fraud]

Application Denied. Customer is bankrupt

Application is declined until conformation of debt Ref:xxxxxxx is paid.

Its' not word for word, but its as much information as is given. If you aren't given a specific reason, it is likely that you fall into the top one:

Application Denied. Customer does not meet Telstra's credit Critera. 

There is nothing that can be done, and as you see there is no reason for it. I fell into the above category as a Telstra Employee for a while Smiley Sad

B.

New Users - Click Here!

JackoPerth

Here is my update. 

I was categorically assured I would receive a phone call from Telstra on Tuesday so they could explain to me why I had failed their eligibility test on one of my two IPhone 5 pre orders.

By 3pm, I had, surprise surprise, not received a call back. I called Telstra and spoke with a female who also assured me that I would receive a phone call from the 'case manager' by the end of today. She even informd me she would personally ensure I receive the callback by calling me back every 20 mins to see if the 'case manager' had contacted me.

Yet again, no representative contacted me. Absolutely no one. 

I had been told by a live chat consultant that that department is now closed for the day. 

I took it upon myself to call the telephone number and to my shock that department is open. 

Based on my experiences, I think there is a severe lack of training with Telstra employees. I would go so far to say Telstra do not know what customer service is or how to achieve it. Not a single person takes the responsibility or ownership of issues to a successful resolution. Absolutely appalling. 

Furthermore, I did receive a copy of my credit history yesterday and it is exemplary. 

Thanks Telstra for nothing. 

Ben_F

Really Surprised by that Jacko..... I contacted Telstra on 1300 131 113 and demanded to have a case manager confirm or deny if my order was approved. I got a callback on Monday to tell me it was in progress, and rang them today and it was approved.

LiveChat are more then likely referring to the Back of House team who are closed outside of business hours. 1300 131 113 is a 24/7 service housed by Front of House, who have read-only access to the orders.

As mentioned above, Telstra doesn't just check your Credit Report. They check how much commitment you already have with them, your age, how long you have been in your current job and how long you have been at your current address (amongst a range of other things). They also take into consideration your payment history, and if you have applied for services in the past. Telstra Staff don't get to see the specifics of these reports, in the same way a Bank employee can't tell you why you failed for a Credit Card or Personal Loan (for good reason, they can just fudge the results to get you approved).

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Chickad23

My order was declined simply because my husband and myself both placed orders and two orders with the same address caused a fraud alert so my order was cancelled.  Both social media and staff on the 1300 no have told me this is the problem and this is why I was rejected.  They advised there was no problem with my credit, it was an ID issue and all I needed to do was to show my ID in store.  I showed my ID in store and it did nothing because my order cannot be reinstated so I made a trip down to the store with two screaming children for no reason.  I was basically told I would need to line up on Friday if I wanted to get a phone as they are not taking pre orders it is first in best dressed.

I am a mum with 2 kids one of which is a young baby that I can't be away from.  I cannot line up in store which is why I tried to place a pre order online in the first place.  My current mobile is smashed and unusable but I did not get a new one as I was waiting for iphone 5.  I have been with Telstra for years and I am currently our of contract so this should have been a simple transaction.

Sorry but this isnt good enough.  I am awaiting a case manager to call me back and I hope to at least be able to order one when the next batch of pre orders is available.  I do urgently require a phone but I am willing to wait a week or two I don't have to have the phone this Friday, but the level of service I have received is appalling.  Especially since for Telstra you are paying for "premium" service.  

Ben_F

Hi Chickad23, just so you know Pre-Orders are closed from what I can see, next Stock will be released on or after the 21st for Online/Telephone orders.

We’re working on getting more stock for customers to buy online. For the very latest update on iPhone 5 availability, please go to telstra.com/iphone5 From this page, you also register your details to receive stock updates via email. 

Ref: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone5/I-missed-out-on-pre-order-When-can-I-buy-an-iPho...

With all respect, I can't line up in store either (I've damaged my knee and can't stand for long periods of time). Does that mean that, should my Pre-Order have been rejected, that I am entitled to have priority over customers who are willing to be uncomfortably waiting to get stock. I do, however commend you on not taking your children to those lines, I had a mother in line for the 4S with a 6 month old child in the blistering cold, who wouldn't stop crying. I know it can be frustrating not only for yourself, but for others.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

JackoPerth

Ben_F. You are not as surprised as I am. I thought I was dealing with a professional company who excels at customer service and customer satisfaction. How wrong I was. 

I fully understand Credit ratings and scores as I worked in that field many years ago. I have never been declined any credit, nor have any applications I have made been referred. Furthermore, when I worked in the field I could see a customers credit history in its entirety. 

Speaking of credit, who are Telstra to decide what a customer can afford or not anyway? Telstra do not know my income or my wife's income. They do not know my outgoings or what I choose to spend my money on. I could be a multi millionaire and Telstra would not know that !

Telstra are quick to excuse their actions on 'eligibility' reasons, however, surely a simple phone call to the customer to clarify any issues would have been a better resolution and would in fact retain customers rather than send a generic non personalised email which would undoubtedly cause customers to call Telstra call centres and rant on the phone. 

I suspect this has occurred as Telstra has simply accepted too many pre orders they cannot fulfill....

Chickad23

Ben_F yes I have already registered again to be informed when the next pre orders are available, however this doesnt fix the fact that I have been screwed around with misinformation on 2 different occasions from Telstra staff.  I on both occasions have done everything the Telstra staff have told me to do and this is all because of a simple error in the computer system not allowing orders to the same address,  I really hope third time is a charm.

Ben_F

@JackoPerth wrote:

I fully understand Credit ratings and scores as I worked in that field many years ago. I have never been declined any credit, nor have any applications I have made been referred. Furthermore, when I worked in the field I could see a customers credit history in its entirety. 

Not sure how long ago you worked in the field, however I can't ever get the reason for a Decline out of my bank, or how to fix it. Telstra's Systems are exactly the same. The data is provided, the computer makes an assessment, and advises "Yes" or "No" or "Maybe" (Rarely Maybe).

I've now got the wording for the most common Credit Assessment result for a decline. Note, this doesn't cover any additional eligibility checks that Online Ordering might do:

Application is declined based upon information provided. Promote Pre-Paid services

The notes for that reason say: Hard Decline.No override permitted for Mobility

I've yet to meet someone (and I've spoken with senior customer-facing staff in the Credit Management Department) who are able to see the specific details of Customer's Credit Assessments. Those who do have access to the back end system are likely to never speak to a customer, or to divluge how the system works. I tried pretty hard to get an answer, that reason was my decline reason for 6 months whilst I was an employee of Telstra!!

JackoPerth wrote: 

Speaking of credit, who are Telstra to decide what a customer can afford or not anyway? Telstra do not know my income or my wife's income. They do not know my outgoings or what I choose to spend my money on. I could be a multi millionaire and Telstra would not know that !

I've raised this exact point when the Credit Assessment process came in while I was working for Telstra. At the end of the day, Telstra is obliged under the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code (C628:2012) to conduct a Credit Assessment, and is within its right to refuse an application based on the information available.

@JackoPerth wrote:

I suspect this has occurred as Telstra has simply accepted too many pre orders they cannot fulfill....

I've had it confirmed to me from people that I trust greatly that customers were only able to Pre-Order while there was stock.  I trust these people because they haven't failed to give me incorrect information yet, and because they knew what happened with the iPhone 4S launch.

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@Chickad23 wrote:

Ben_F yes I have already registered again to be informed when the next pre orders are available, however this doesnt fix the fact that I have been screwed around with misinformation on 2 different occasions from Telstra staff.  I on both occasions have done everything the Telstra staff have told me to do and this is all because of a simple error in the computer system not allowing orders to the same address,  I really hope third time is a charm.

Perhaps if you explain your position to the Store Manager (I will say respectfully, without a sense of entitlement and without getting angry not because I think you are, but because I know customers who do scream at retail staff) they may be able to do something to hold the stock?

New Users - Click Here!

JackoPerth

You are absolutely correct, when I was in the field I instructed staff not to divulge a customers credit score even though they could see their history on their screen. 

I do not want this conversation to move off topic onto credit ratings, so I will finally say all I have heard from Telstra to date is lip service, empty promises and incompetence. I am absolutely certain there are great staff who work **bleep** hard at Telstra, however, based on my own factual personal experience, they are few and far between. 

I don't hold the call centre / chat staff entirely accountable, it's the management team, policies, and those who structure the business and train people who are to blame.  Having worked for O2 for many years, I think I've hit the nail on the head!

GuyHamilton

I think the real problem here is Telstra is making the customer pay for their technical blunder. I just want to be treated fairly and equally, I did everything on time and correctly and have been a loyal customer. I just thought they might acknowledge there was an issue and try work out a solution which didn't severely inconvenience me. Sorry to hear about your story Jacko & chickad, I am still waiting for my call which I was told would be today also. I'll keep you posted.
GuyHamilton

BenF, I did ask about stores holding stock but the customer service lady told me they wouldn't and it was a waste of time. When I get my call I'll ask again and see if they can do anything - that would be quite handy. Cheers for the info.
gv

So what happens to the stock from the cancelled orders?
Ben, you mention the credit side of things a lot but I am yet to see you make comment on those of us that have been told that our orders were cancelled because we placed two orders.
JackoPerth

Guy - Do keep the post updated with your progress. I have since cancelled my second IPhone 5 order which was in fact accepted. I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

My wife has sounded off with Telstra on Facebook over this issue and a rep has made contact with her and will investigate this personally and contact me tomorrow. DeJaVu. 

I hope this will restore my lost faith and everyone else's. 

Ben_F

@GuyHamilton wrote:
BenF, I did ask about stores holding stock but the customer service lady told me they wouldn't and it was a waste of time. When I get my call I'll ask again and see if they can do anything - that would be quite handy. Cheers for the info.

My suggestion is to make contact with the stores directly, Some Managers may have discretion (specifically Licenced stores). Officially, they will advise "First Come, First Served" basis as thats the worst case scenario Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@gv wrote:
So what happens to the stock from the cancelled orders?
Ben, you mention the credit side of things a lot but I am yet to see you make comment on those of us that have been told that our orders were cancelled because we placed two orders.

That could be related to something specific to the Online Process, or it could be related to a decline I've found in my notes:

Application has not been approved. Applicant has obtained multiple services for a post paid service has not been approved. Applicant has obtained multiple services within a short time period. Refer to [REMOVED] on 1800 XXX XXX for authorization before continuing

I honestly don't know. I put in 2 orders, I cancelled one and the other went through fine.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

GuyHamilton

Hi Jacko, where did she post on their Facebook?

If she speaks to the rep and something can be done about it, definitely let us know and try to get the rep's direct line or tell him to check the forum here, as there are a few others with the same issue and no one will returning my calls. The general support staff, while being nice don't seem to have the authority to do anything and I don't think understand the situation - I am just wasting my time.

Cheers for the update and keep us in the loop with your progress too.

GuyHamilton

Thanks for the info and your help Ben.

The thing is my brother and I are 2 seperate applicants but as I was told because our delivery address / business details were the same and due to the system fault, it has wrongfully assumed we were the same person and the order was fraudulant hence cancelled. Quite a pain..

Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

@GuyHamilton wrote:

Thanks for the info and your help Ben.

The thing is my brother and I are 2 seperate applicants but as I was told because our delivery address / business details were the same and due to the system fault, it has wrongfully assumed we were the same person and the order was fraudulant hence cancelled. Quite a pain..

And this is a perfect example of why our suggestion of actually contacting the customers before cancelling orders would be worth it. A quick phone call first and Telstra would realise they are 2 different people, hence 2 more happy customers. Hope it gets sorted Guy.

GuyHamilton

Hey Jacko,
The thing is it shouldn't even need a quick phone call, we are 2 separate people, and our account numbers / credit cards / phone numbers are entirely different so it should never of been flagged as fraudulent in the first place.
JackoPerth

GuyHamilton - Correct ! I'm still angry about this. Lets see if I receive a callback. I was assured it would occurr by 11am.....I'll update you if and when it happens.
Chickad23

I went to a different Telstra store today who were very helpful.  The could not put aside a phone for me as they already had committed all of the stock, however they checked my ID and updated my file and told me to ring the 1300 no and try to get the order reinstated.

I called the number and they checked the file and referred me to a case manager.  I refused this because I am still waiting for them to call me from the first time.  She then had me on hold for 20 minutes to speak to her supervisor to then tell me she had reinstated my order.  She said it was unlikely to be shipped Friday with the rest of the orders, I imagine it will go with the next batch.  I don't care about the shipment, I just wanted a phone so I will be happy if this resolution is followed through.  Fingers crossed, I am a little bit skeptical.

GuyHamilton

Thats promising Chickad,
What number did you call to get transferred to the supervisor? I will give it a shot if I still haven't received a call by the end of today.

Cheers!
Jonathan
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Guys show some initiative, don't accept "no" for an answer.

Get the general Telstra Australia switchboard number (use google), look up the Telstra executive directory, pick one and demand to speak to them re a "confidential matter". When you get them (or their support staff), explain the situation.

I did this on Monday and I now have a store holding two phones for me to collect on Friday, with the name and number of the sales person to ring when in store so she can drop everything and assist me.

Once you get onto the right person their service is excellent. They recognise this process hasn't been managed well and I suspect will learn a lot from it.

But if you really want an iphone 5 on Friday do more than winge on an internet forum - particularly when you can see the type of response you receive from some of the senior people here (something Telstra will also be reviewing in due course).

GuyHamilton

Thanks for the info Jonathan, will try give them a call when I get a spare sec.
JackoPerth

I didn't receive a phone call from Telstra but I did receive a personalised email from someone at Telstra who I won't name.

The short version is one of my two pre orders had been cancelled as there were restrictions placed on only one pre order per customer as a fraud preventative measure. 

Whilst I do appreciate the email, I still am at a total loss why I was not contacted to verify my credentials instead of Telstra just canceling the order. 

Very poor service, which could have simply been avoided. 

Jonathan
Level 5: Eagle Eye

See this is the thing - Telstra has clearly handled this process very poorly.

But having spoken about my experience with senior people, it is clear to me that those people do very much care about the customer experience. Whilst no process will ever be hassle free, I think by the time the next preorder comes around, Telstra will have made the experience much more customer friendly.

GuyHamilton

Your dead right Jonathan,
I took your advice and went to the top. They were very very apologetic and said they would call me this morning to sort through it. Fingers crossed it will get sorted out. Has restored my faith in Telstra a bit. Will keep you guys posted.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit