Rankin
Level 3: Gumshoe

Replacement SIM activation - invalid serial number

Answered

Just received my replacement SIM and trying to activate the 13 digit serial number - but just get the response of Invalid Serial Number - any ideas tks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rankin
Accepted Solution

Re: Replacement SIM activation - invalid serial number

Appears  you can order a replacement sim from within your telstra account, but it will be useless - info from the expert - quote  system doesn't allow to process a blank SIM replacement anymore but don't worry, we can still process this by purchasing a $2 Telstra Pre-Paid SIM and we will activate it and transfer your existing number

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

You will need to contact Telstra.

Call 132200 or send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Rankin

Thanks - yes I have been able to contact live expert via chat - will see how it pans out

Rankin
Accepted Solution

Appears  you can order a replacement sim from within your telstra account, but it will be useless - info from the expert - quote  system doesn't allow to process a blank SIM replacement anymore but don't worry, we can still process this by purchasing a $2 Telstra Pre-Paid SIM and we will activate it and transfer your existing number

View solution in original post

Jupiter

That doesn't sound right, and if it is, then it's going to cause lots of problems and delays. You have always been able to order a replacement SIM and activate it against your existing service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Rankin

I would have thought so, and it gets worse, they said I wont be able to transfer my credit across either so will have to go thru hoops to get some sort of refund from accounts

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit