jomckenna
Level 1: Cadet

set up email on iphone 4

Answered

Hi everyone,

I'm really struggling setting up my bigpond email on my iphone 4. I had a Samsung S2 which unfortunately recieved a little water damage and is now totally dead. 

I know the email address is right and the password as I've logged on to webmail from a macbook air and I can can see all my emails. When i set up the email on my phone I click save and it says "verifying" and then the message "the username or password for mail.bigpond.com is incorrect".

I also tried an other email address a telstra one and it set up no problems but bigpond seems to be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did see a post about this but the answer confused me ie setting up microsoft windows?

Thanks for any advice ;-)

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: set up email on iphone 4

Morning there, take a look at the following link and just check that you've followed the steps for your operating system, eg ios 6/7 etc.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/setting-up-a-bigpond-email-account-with-your-apple-iphone

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
DEANJA
Accepted Solution

Morning there, take a look at the following link and just check that you've followed the steps for your operating system, eg ios 6/7 etc.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/setting-up-a-bigpond-email-account-with-your-apple-iphone

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

View solution in original post

jomckenna

Ha Haaaaa!!! It worked ;-) Thank you so much. I didn't expect such a fast reply! I needed to select outlook for the account but i thought that wouldn't be for an apple phone! Shows how much I know!

Thank you very much enjoy your Sunday!

DEANJA

My pleasure, glad to hear we steered you in the right direction.

KentKwong

Seem works to me.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit