wldbstjd
Level 1: Cadet

Setting up Personal Hotspot after factory reset on network settings

Answered

I usually connect my laptop to my Phone's (iPhone 8+) hotspot through a cable. But it suddenly stopped working and it kept not working. So I reset my network settings to factory settings as suggested on the internet. However, when I tried to use personal hotspot again after the reset, the screen in the attached image keeps coming up. I tried to call, but it told me that the number I have called (123 111) was not available from this mobile service. So i visited the website but I could not find any clear solution. What do I need to fix this problem and set up personal hotspot again on my phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up Personal Hotspot after factory reset on network settings

Hi there wldbstjd,

It could be something to do with the APN settings. If resetting has changed any network names/ configurations, it might be coming up with the error. Have you tried looking at the APN settings perhaps? If the issue still persists, I'd recommend speaking to one of our tech support agents through this link: https://tel.st/ndtkh5   Let us know how you go.  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi there wldbstjd,

It could be something to do with the APN settings. If resetting has changed any network names/ configurations, it might be coming up with the error. Have you tried looking at the APN settings perhaps? If the issue still persists, I'd recommend speaking to one of our tech support agents through this link: https://tel.st/ndtkh5   Let us know how you go.  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Are these the APN settings that you have used?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

You have mentioned that you called 123 111, however the number in the screenshot is 125111.

Jupiter

And being an ALDI customer, they would need to call 2534 (from their ALDI mobile) or 1300 989 000 (from any phone). 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser

Were you able to resolve the issue using the information provided above?.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit