Beth_04
Level 1: Cadet

Sim Activation

Hey, I bought a $30 prepaid SIM card and activated it more than 2 days ago. I transferred my old Vodafone number whilst doing so and once I completed the steps I got an SMS saying, my number is being transferred and shouldn’t take any longer than 24hrs.

I’ve tried turning my phone on and off, refreshing my emails and inserting the sim again but it’s still not working. Online it says the sim has been activated whenever I put my sim serial number in, however it still isn’t working on my phone and I have not received any emails saying it is activated and my number has been transferred yet.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
KieranB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Sim Activation

Hi Beth.

Sorry for the frustrations this issue may be causing you. Does it show your ported number if you're able to check on the MyAccount page or the 24x7 app?

I appreciate that you may not have even set up a Telstra ID, in which case you may want to contact us by calling 132200 or coming through on Live Chat.

Please let me know how it goes.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Sim Activation

Is your phone sourced from VF? You may have to reset the network settings. If that fails do a network reset.
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit