Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

'sim invalid'

I just arrived in Beijing, China and have been trying to get a new sim put into my iPhone iOS7.

I made sure it was unlocked before i left and have unlocked it again just to make sure whilst i was here. I have a new sim, but whenever i place it in my phone the same message keeps popping up "sim is invaild"

It says the carrier does not support the new sim. Other people I am here with have the same phone, using the szme chinese sim we were given (China Unicom) but have not had this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: 'sim invalid'

Hi there, although this won't resolve the issue.... You say you unlocked before you left and again to make sure. Can I ask how? The reason is the unlock the process takes time and this is after requesting your telco who then send the request to apple, from there you use the iTunes program to finalise the process.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: 'sim invalid'

Caaf is right although you may have unlocked your phone but have you gone through the process?

A couple of other things to try as well make sure you have the latest iOS installed.
try turning your phone on and off.
Check you have the latest carrier settings, while the SIM is in head to Settings > General > About and if there is an update it will prompt ya etc.
make sure the SIM aint damaged, maybe get them to give you an other one or get your friends SIM and try that one instead.
lastly restore your phone, maybe the unlock process never completed like Caaf said may need to do the process again to finalise the process...
REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR PHONE FIRST BEFORE RESTORING!!!

Cheers
Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit