Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Sim not activated

Hi, I pre oredered an iPhone 6s and set up a new contract online through new phone feeling as i have had my Samsung Galaxy s5 for 12 months,
I recieved it on friday which i was happy about but it didn't can with a micro sim, but hey, thats not a big deal.
So down i went to my local telstra shop and asked for a sim replacement and for them to activate this new contract.
After a few minutes of them doing what they do on the screen they told me its in a "pending" stage and they couldn't do anything to help me.
I went home and called telstra and asked them to activate my service and to put that service on my new sim, they told me it should be good to go in 20 mins- 4 hrs.

8 hrs went by and still no go,
I Clicked the link they sent me to "get back in touch" nope nothing after 5 hrs.

I called them AGAIN, they told me they had sent my request to the support team and it has been put on high priority and should be all good in 24 hrs.

28 hrs later, still nothing.

3 days later... im still unable to use my brand new iPhone and no one seems to be able to help....

What can i do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Sim not activated

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay activating your micro SIM, usually it's very quick. Chat with us securely one on one here: http://tel.st/hsc3 and quote your 1-xxxx reference number we can check the status of that for you and advise you further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit