Kasphr3
Level 1: Cadet

Sim not supported under the activation policy

I purchased an iPhone 6 unlocked but previously with Telstra. I have tried to use an active Woolworths SIM card in it and get a sim not valid message. I have checked that the phone is unlocked and it is, but it has been suggested that it may still be locked by Apple servers....a Telstra sim works in phone and the Woolworths sim works in my Telstra phone, plz what could still be wrong?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Sim not supported under the activation policy

Have you tried the Woolworths sim in another phone?

In the last line of your post you say the Woolworths sim works "in my Telstra phone", but do you mean that is separate to the iPhone 6?

Can you clarify exactly what you mean?

Have you spoken to Apple support?

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Sim not supported under the activation policy

Hi Kasphr3. 

Thanks for getting in touch, apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Are you still having trouble with the iPhone 6? If a Telstra SIM works but others don't it may not be unlocked. You can request unlocking here https://tel.st/9xb7w and we can get this processed for you, any other SIM that is the compatible size will then work. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit