Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

SMS's to old phone

Answered

I am continuing to receive SOME SMS messages on my old iPhone4.  I have purchased a new Sony Xperia and have had it activated at a Telstra store.  Any thoughts on how I stop this happening?  Hoping this makes some sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: SMS's to old phone

I see, I had turned off at the SMS but not the Facetime and I have put in the deregister code on the link you suggested.   Hopefully, everything will work well. Many thanks for your help with this.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

You will still have iMessage active on your iPhone. You need to cancel it and then the SMS will work correctly.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Do you know I tried that and the sender then said that the message had not sent but it didn't redirect to my new phone?
Highlighted

If you tried to deregister on your iPhone, but did not have the SIM in it at the time, then it won't deregister properly.

You will need to go to this link to deregister it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Do you think Jupiter that it would help if I take out my old sim card?
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I see, I had turned off at the SMS but not the Facetime and I have put in the deregister code on the link you suggested.   Hopefully, everything will work well. Many thanks for your help with this.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit