Spuddy2
Level 1: Cadet

Swap handsets?

Answered

So my wife  is completely happy with her phone and is out of contract. My phone is stuffed, so if we upgrade her phone onto a new plan/contract, can she keep using her exiting phone and I take the the new one? Or will it be restricted to just her number?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Swap handsets?

As long as the sim inst locked to the phone, you could just swap sims. So you get the new phone and put your sim in it and she keeps her old phone with here existing or new sim. The benefits of the new plan would apply to her sim.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

sophie-a
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Spuddy2, 

Thanks for reaching out. If your wife was to re-contract her service this would be specific to her mobile number and the new device will be contracted under this.

However, the mobile she chooses can be used with a different sim card (allowing you to use the new handset). 

Please keep in mind the plan she chooses with the new phone will be her new allowance and yours will remain the same. 

I hope this helps. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
343GuiltySpark
Accepted Solution

As long as the sim inst locked to the phone, you could just swap sims. So you get the new phone and put your sim in it and she keeps her old phone with here existing or new sim. The benefits of the new plan would apply to her sim.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

sophie-a
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Spuddy2, 

Thanks for reaching out. If your wife was to re-contract her service this would be specific to her mobile number and the new device will be contracted under this.

However, the mobile she chooses can be used with a different sim card (allowing you to use the new handset). 

Please keep in mind the plan she chooses with the new phone will be her new allowance and yours will remain the same. 

I hope this helps. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit