SOOCSI
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra 24/7

About a year ago I began to get notices to upgrade the My Telstra app to Telstra 24/7. So I did. The icon on my phone is entitled Telstra 24/7. But when I open it up, I still get the message to update the app. When I click on the link, I'm taken to the download page on the itunes store, and instead of an icon saying either download or update, it merely says Open, indicating the app is already installed. So I click it, taking me back to the screen that says I need to update. I haven't been able to access my account for a few months now. Help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra 24/7

What was previously known as the Telstra 24/7 app was renamed the My Telstra app.

I just recall updating (to achieve the change) without issues.

Try removing the app from your iPhone, restarting it, and then install the My Telstra app from the App Store.

SOOCSI

I've done that, and the app store merely reinstalled the Telstra 24/7 app, bringing up the notice to update.  For the interim at least I can check my account usage through a browser, but that's often inconvenient, especially on a small screen

Dowser

Try going to the App Store icon, click on your Profile icon (top-right), then click on 'Purchased'. Scroll to the Telstra app(s) you currently have installed (Telstra 24x7? and/or My Telstra?) and swipe left to select hide.

Then repeat the process of removing the app(s) from your iPhone, and then install the My Telstra app from the App Store.

SOOCSI

I must be using a different version of the app store app than you, as there is no icon in the top right.  Apple ID and application management is handled elsewhere on the phone, via settings.  It'd be good to simply remove the Telstra 24/7 from the app store completely, instead of having customers downloading a faulty product, that merely takes up space on their HD

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Which model iPhone are you using and which version of iOS? If it's an old one, then that may explain why what you and @Dowser  are seeing is different (and why you can't successfully update).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit