Daniel_R
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra 5G and iPhone 12 Pro Max on Medium plan

Answered

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro Max and with my current plan Medium $65 it says that 5G is included.   I work in Melbourne CBD and was on chat with Telstra support for hours everything from reset network settings, to an issue with my brand new iPhone and to return it to Apple.  I am on a Telstra eSim on my phone.  And just cannot understand why I need to return my brand new phone (according to Telstra support it’s faulty).

I decided to take a punt and did read somewhere the issue can be with Telstra, so I have downgraded my plan to without 5G and will upgrade it back to the original plan with 5G.

is this a common issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_R
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 5G and iPhone 12 Pro Max on Medium plan

Well cannot believe this-  Telstra support is just fking useless.. giving me the run around… for a premium service where I pay premium price for a premium plan.. your customer service sucks… 

The fix for 5G was to go to a lower plan on 4G $55/month and then go back to the original 5G plan I was on at $65/month.. figured it out myself…

thanks Telstra for your useless support and your **bleep**ty buggy system to go with it

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Did you go into the SIM settings and enable 5G on the eSIM?

If you are in the CBD, pop into the Apple Store and get them to give it the once over. They should be able to determine if it is a settings issue or a faulty phone.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Apple do not list an Apple store in the Melbourne CBD

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Daniel_R
Accepted Solution

Well cannot believe this-  Telstra support is just fking useless.. giving me the run around… for a premium service where I pay premium price for a premium plan.. your customer service sucks… 

The fix for 5G was to go to a lower plan on 4G $55/month and then go back to the original 5G plan I was on at $65/month.. figured it out myself…

thanks Telstra for your useless support and your **bleep**ty buggy system to go with it

View solution in original post

Jupiter

Shouldn't have needed to change plans away from a 5G enabled plan to a 4G only plan and back again. That just suggests that a code hadn't stuck on your service and the consultant just needed to reapply it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Daniel_R

I agree the support person should of picked this up, instead gave me the run around for hours and hours… and I should not of had to switch plans back and forth myself to enable 5G on an already 5G plan.   

I am very disappointed with Telstra support, absolutely abysmal.  When you pay for a premium service you expect premium support.

Jupiter

I'm not sure where people get the notion that they are paying for a "premium service", you are paying for a service that has a larger coverage area, that's all.

Daniel_R

Wow, I can’t believe you’re saying that… customer service is one of the most important factors- that’s where customer satisfaction comes from….  Only if another organisation had the coverage that Telstra have it would be a different story….  

in my opinion Telstra customer service is fking woeful… 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit