atali
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra One Number failure

I’m having issues adding Telstra One Number plan to my new Apple Watch series 7 since yesterday. After signing in it shows an error:

“Sorry, we can't authorise this purchase
Please contact the account holder of this
service to resolve this issue”

obviously I’m the account holder and numerous calls and chat with Telstra tech support was not helpful. What’s going on?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Nat_Cracker
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra One Number failure

It could be an issue with barring on the service? Try having a look through to see if there are any barring options in the My Telstra App https://tel.st/t68zk4 or have a chat with the billing team. If they find any barring, they should be able to get it removed.

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Just wanted to check back in, have you had any luck with getting this one up and running? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

atali

Unfortunately not. I got a few case no’s from Telstra now and been asked to wait for 24 hrs

Nat_Cracker
Support Team
Support Team

Did they mention whether they could see any barring on the service?

atali

they said no barring or limitation on the service.
I am suspicious of sth though: I do have 2 different accounts and wonder if it has anything to do with it (ie tries to activate on the wrong account)

SandraC2

I am having the exact same problem and have spent two days on Telstra ID Chat - totally over it !!!

SandraC2

There must be a huge problem with connecting apple smartwatches to telstra one number - Bloody frustrating

atali

My problem got sorted finally after visiting a Telstra store in Brisbane cbd with the help of a fine young assistant named Ron. Issue was my Telstra account had limited authority. After making it full authority it started setting up one number successfully. This may not be your issue though

XanCush

I've been having the same issues for weeks now.  Both my husband and I can not connect the Apple Watch Series 7 to One Number.  It actually times out while connecting to Telstra after adding the plan.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @XanCush, there could be a number of possible reasons you're having troubles, best to get support to take a look over your account and make sure it's correctly set up and there are no incompatibilities. Speak with mobile assurance via the Get Help tab> Messaging in your My Account or app. Or book ahead to visit your local Telstra Shop: https://tel.st/x2pnch Tech Bar. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit