Alicia_R
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra one number issue and multiple Apple watches.

Hi. I hope a Telstra rep can help me please.

I have 2 x series 3 Apple watches and use Telstra one number. I used to be able to go into the plan settings via the Apple Watch app and disconnect one watch and then connect the other. This has been working perfectly for 3 months since I bought my watches on launch day. Now Telstra have changed it early this week and the option to disconnect and reconnect is no longer available. It worked fine on Saturday and since then the Telstra screen layout has changed and only shows the watch that is connected. 

This is frustrating as I change my watch every couple of days and I can no longer disconnect one watch to be able to connect my 2nd watch. It still says online and in the Telstra 24/7 app to connect another device it can be done via the watch app. Not anymore! 

I would really appreciate it please if a Telstra rep could look into this and advise.

thank you 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra one number issue and multiple Apple watches.

You may need to contact Apple to find out why it is no longer appearing on the app. Apple are the developers of the app, not Telstra. There may have been an update, and they could have stuffed it up (they've been doing that quite regularly - stuffing up updates, that is).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Alicia_R

Yes I know Apple create the Watch app however when you go to manage Telstra account via the watch app it connects to Telstra. Telstra have changed something. No Apple updates have been done. Worked perfectly on the weekend, option no longer there on the Telstra screen beginning of the week.
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear, Alicia. Do you have any other way of disconnecting the current watch, then reconnecting the new one; or are you perpetually stuck with the watch you had connected on Saturday? 

Do you have the option to disconnect via the watch?

I haven't seen this issue before - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Alicia_R

Hi Matthew

Thank you for your reply

There is no way to disconnect my stainless watch from the one number screen to connect my ceramic one. Only started this week ☹️ A pop up used to appear to connect the ceramic and disconnect the stainless and vice versa. It would then activate.

I have just been in to the Apple store and they said that via the watch app the manage Telstra account section connects to Telstra and something looks to have changed on your end.
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Yes, it certainly sounds it. Please raise this with our mobile tech support team -  http://tel.st/8jgx - There will likely be many people experiencing the same issue, so the more reports they have, the quicker the technical guys will get it resolved. Appreciate your patience and understanding in this, Alicia. Thanks for so clearly describing the nature of the issue. 

Feel free to copy/paste to the livechat team. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit