owen161
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra One Number

In June I moved to Telstra’s Upfront plans and at first you were unable to utilise Telstra One Number. Since then One number has been activated for upfront plans however my One number subscription appears to be lost in the void.

I have been troubleshooting with Telstra support for months and have not been able to find a resolution. On my Telstra accounts page when I select my service and choose extras, One number is not an option, only international packs. If I go onto my iPhone, watch app, Mobile, Set up Mobile, Set up Mobile and the Telstra page loads and says my Telstra one number is active. 

It’s not active, when I set it up with my watch it says Telstra but there is no mobile data, and calls do not go to my watch when out of range from my phone(or in Airplane mode)

On many of my phone calls troubleshooting, I have unpaired, restored devices, reset settings and the list goes on. I have asked Telstra support to cancel my subscription thinking I could just activate it again and get it working. According to them I don’t have a subscription active to my number. 

I have been dealing with this for about 5 months and thought id see if anyone else has come across this issue or has any insight on how I can help the Telstra staff resolve this issue. 

Much appreciated.

IPhone 12pmx, Apple Watch 6, cellular. (Latest iOS/watchOS as of todays date)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
owen161

Re: Telstra One Number

Before I get a response to say click connect now I thought id upload a few more photos to show what happens when I do set it up. No matter how many times I have been through this process it always ends with no data or calls going through to the watch. I have had the watched checked and it is working fine. Before the switch to the upfront plan in June it worked perfectly. As you can see it says my subscription is active but Telstra can’t see it, according to them my One number Service isn’t active.

Telstra Service, looks like it worksSays it connected to my watchTels me its activeIf I click manage I always get this prompt

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

In the My Telstra app my Upfront mobile plan too only lists the International Packs as extras, but then I do not use one Number.

You could submit
feedback for the My Telstra team and query if One Number (and its status) should be listed as an extra for your mobile service.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Telstra One Number does seem to be a problem at the moment. The only combination that seems to work properly is a Samsung Watch with a Samsung Phone.

Apple devices and Samsung Watch/Non-Samsung Android have been having problems (Apple for 2 generations of Watch, Pixel since early November 2021).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Melton1
Level 4: Private Eye

I recently lost the ability to use the cellular function on my Series 3 watch.  As above, Telstra showed that the One Number subscription was active in my account & the Watch app on the phone recognised I had Telstra as the mobile provider.  My resolution at that time was to do a restore of the watch, keeping the mobile plan (i.e. I didn't do a full restore), using the Watch app on the iPhone (running iOS 15.1 ? at the time - Watch was on 8.0 ?).

Just checked that my current Status (under Settings/Mobile on Watch) is showing as active, which it wasn't when I had the problem.  I mostly have phone with me, so unsure when I lost the direct mobile connection on watch.  It was still initially working with a new phone running iOS 15.0, back in September, as I checked that function at the time.

owen161

One number is now available for upfront plans, it also states it under the plan details. I have lodged many tickets with the troubleshooting team but no success so far. If I do ever find a solution I’ll be sure to update this post 

owen161

I have a feeling it is more of a Telstra issue than a device issue. Telstra is migrating from an old system to a new one and a few services seem to be lost in the process. My Apple Watch worked perfectly until I changed plans which shifted to their new “Console” system.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Owen161. 

Based on your screenshots of the errors you are getting the only thing I can suggest is to contact mobile technical support for further assistance here getting your registration completed. 

Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/c76u73). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Mobile Assurance" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. 

If you get stuck on the Telstra Assistant, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a Telstra Expert. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

owen161

Hi Tommy, thanks for your response. I have contacted the support team at least 20 times over the last 5 months since this issue has first started. 
I am no closer to fixing the issue, the latest advice was to go to the watch app, go to reset and remove all mobile plans. That was a few days ago a so I’m still waiting for the escalation team to get back to me again when they realise that didn’t work and I have to contact Telstra to cancel my One Number Subscription, which they don’t know how to do.

I’ll keep you posted after the next time they call me to see how the troubleshooting has gone.

thanks for the response though.

Phil235
Level 1: Cadet

I am having a similar issue to you, Owen. I am unable to activate Telstra One Number on a new Series 7 Apple Watch. Have contacted support and been in-store many times but no one is able to fix the issue. I also can’t see an option to toggle Telstra One Number on under extras, however, a store member told me this option has been removed.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Owen, just checking in to see how you went with technical support? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser

Hi Owen, did you hear back from the My Telstra development team?.

owen161

My issue remains 😢

hopefully one day they will know how to fix this

owen161

Last I heard from the escalated team was to remove all mobile plans from the watch app. Obviously that doesn’t cancel a subscription on Telstra’s end but hey, I’m just doing exactly as they say, I’m sure they are following some sort of trouboguide 🤷‍:male_sign:

Dowser

It appears that you misunderstood me.

I previously suggested that you could submit feedback for the My Telstra app development team and query if One Number (and its status) should be listed as an Extra for your mobile service.

owen161

Okay I see what you mean. I will also submit feedback to the Telstra 24x7 app not displaying one number status along with the ability to subscribe/cancel the one number.

This process however will be a long one, by the time it gets to the app development team to implement and test I will probably be waiting for another 6 months.

I think the next step is to just cancel all my Telstra services and move them to Optus. Then that should cancel my Telstra one number. The reason I want Telstra to cancel my one number subscription is because it’s not working and it won’t let me cancel it. You would have seen that above in my screenshots. So I was hoping if they could cancel it I could resubscribe and that may fix my issue. But they can’t cancel something they can’t find. So there is the issue 

Melton1
Level 4: Private Eye

"My Apple Watch worked perfectly until I changed plans which shifted to their new “Console” system."

I was 'automatically/forced' changed to the small UpFront plan around 11th September 2021 (based on my bill).  One Number still appeared to be working at that time (not that I noticed the change as the switch had been delayed many times, so wasn't paying attention around that date).

If you asked to be switched to the new plans, maybe the person doing the migration stuffed up (i.e. didn'ttransfer your one number subscription, so its still associated with the old internal account number - hence why you still get an 'active' account).

Just an FYI - in terms of my Watch app on an iPhone (with an active one number), clicking on 'Manage Subscription', I get two options - ' Cancel my subscription' and 'Cancel' (whereas you see 'Sorry, something went wrong')

owen161

Melton I think you may be 100% correct on that. I also still have a credit sitting on my old account that they have tried to reimburse to me directly and to my new account without success. So since that account I guess isn’t closed the one number must be assigned to it. Next time I chat with Telstra support I will mention this and see if it makes sense to someone and with a bit of luck I might be able to move forward. Thank you for your  input, good to see fresh eyes help unravel this weird circumstance

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit