Coach60
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra one number

I have bee with Telstra over a month, transferred from Vodafone, I have trying to get my iwatch and my iphone to work independently for over a month, I have been told I need a Telstra one number and to use my watch app to get it, however when i get to Telstra One Number add to plan it says sorry, we unable to connect. Please try again.

I have unpair - repaired. full reset. network reset, I don't know how many times and wait 24hrs. I wait an hour on the phone every day to talk to someone - they all tell me to be patient and wait from the back of house to ring me. How long should I wait, because I have been wait almost a month now.

Can't Telstra turn on the One number to my phone at their end?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Dowser
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Re: Telstra one number

What mobile plan are you on?.

One Number is currently unavailable on some of Telstra’s plans.

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Coach60, what plan are you on and what devices do you have?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
jp315

I have been having the same problem with trying to connect my apple watch series 6 and iphone 11 pro. Have been given the run around by Telstra - rang the support centre then told I had to use the chat through MyTelstra app as they couldn't help over the phone. Have tried numerous time to activate telstra one number online with no luck. Have spoken to at least three different people on the chat - each told me different things. The last person I spoke with told me I wasn't eligible for it as I was on a mobile small plan and one number is not available on upfront plans, yet when I questioned further I am actually on a post-paid plan. When asked why I am not eligible even though I am on a post-paid plan was told "I am eligible, but as of now it is not active on your plan. I request you wait till second week of April so that you can access your device with your watch." Really hoping that this will work, as I am getting extremely frustrated given that I only purchased the apple watch with cellular based on the information on the Telstra website advising it is compatible with my iPhone so I could use my watch without my phone.

Dowser

Why did they say “request you wait till second week of April so that you can access your device with your watch."?.

- what is the significance of the 2nd week of April

By the way, I too have a postpaid mobile account, and when I look in the My Telstra app >  Services > Mobile > Extras, it has the option there to activate One Number.

- does yours show that?.

Dowser

In the thread a user got One Number to work by following the steps:

Unpair watch from mobile

Back up phone (to iCloud)

Erase all content and settings on phone

Paired watch and activated One Number data plan

Restored phone from back up via iCloud

Erased all and keep plan on watch via settings on watch

Paired with phone again and this time the one number stuck.

jp315

I can only assume there is some sort of update coming in the second week of April.?! Either that or they have no idea and it was just an excuse to fob me off.

Yes my account does show that, when I click on activate though it just takes me to the Telstra one number web page with instructions on how to connect the watch. So frustrated. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do the erasing/restoring of my phone to get it to work. 

Dowser

@jp315 wrote:

So frustrated. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do the erasing/restoring of my phone to get it to work. 

I have done a backup, factory reset and restore myself (in order to leave the iOS 14 beta due to it causing mail problems, as instructed by Apple Support).

I backed up the iPhone to the computer using iTunes and also to iCloud just to be sure.

It will take some time, but you could end up with a working setup, which believe me, leaves the frustration behind.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit