FRUSTRATEDKAREN
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra ONE

OMG. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. TELSTRA SUPPORT IS USELESS.

I bought the new iwatch6 I cannot pair it with my iPhone12. 

Apparently my Tesltra One is 'active' but when I try to pair it with my watch I get (what EVERYONE seems to get) "This service isn't linked to the Telstra ID you entered..... please contact the legal account holder"....

I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND DEALING WITH THE 'support' bots. I have reset/reinstalled my phone. Paired and unpaired the watch. 

WHY IS THEIR SUPPORT SO UTTERLY USELESS. WHY ARE THEY SELLING A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T WORK. WHY CAN I NOT TALK TO A HUMAN.

RARRRRRRRRRH. Muppets to the nth. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
FRUSTRATEDKAREN

Re: Telstra ONE

I HAVE MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH CONSUMER PROTECTION.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

If you have been reading the other posts with the same problem, did you contact Apple to see if they can offer a solution?

Also, on your phone, try changing the APN to telstra.iph and see if that makes a difference (it may be that the iOS updates have some changed settings - we've seen that issue with tethering as the latest update can prevent the telstra.wap APN from working correctly).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Class action against Telstra One - Misleading Product

What is your problem with “Telstra One and pairing it to an iPhone 6”?.

I just found out that you already have an existing post about your issue, so it was not “removed” as you claim.

FRUSTRATEDKAREN

I am unable to do it (it would appear that I am not alone with this). Telstra is unable to resolve it.

1. Bought a new iWatch on the premise that it would pair with my iPhone. I had to change my number and join with Telstra in order to do this. 

2. Go to set up my mobile through the iWatch App and once I enter my TelstraID I get the message: "This service isn't linked to the Telstra ID you entered. To link this service with your Telstra ID, please contact the legal account holder". [I can see several other people have also had this issue, and it also has not been resolved].

3. I have done back ups of my phone, unpaired and repaired the watch, but nothing works. 

Dowser

@FRUSTRATEDKAREN wrote:

2. Go to set up my mobile through the iWatch App and once I enter my TelstraID I get the message: "This service isn't linked to the Telstra ID you entered. To link this service with your Telstra ID, please contact the legal account holder". 

Try going to the My Telstra app on the phone.  Click on Services > Mobile  > Extras > Telstra One Number Activate 

Jupiter

I'm not sure why you had to join Telstra and change your number to be able to get the iWatch connected (other carriers offer the same), but it does prompt me to ask a question.

Which plan are you on? If it is a Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan, then Telstra One Number is not currently compatible with it (only asking because the way you worded it makes it sound like you signed up very recently).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser

@FRUSTRATEDKAREN wrote:

5 degrees. I’ve done that.

5 degrees?

What happened when you did what I suggested?.

Merrily1
Level 2: Rookie

Totally unrelated to the actual issue in hand sorry - your reply is NOT helpful

Merrily1

This is not about PAIRING your watch to your phone - (which is a Bluetooth issue) BUT it is about being able to register your watch against the phone number on your account for a “One Number service - which means the calls can be forked to you watch if your phone is turned off for any reason or out of Bluetooth range of your phone

Merrily1

Interesting question about the plan - but for me my plan has not changed and my old watch worked fine with One Number. All I did was get a later model of the watch

Dowser

@Merrily1 wrote:

Totally unrelated to the actual issue in hand sorry - your reply is NOT helpful

@Jupiter is only trying to assist you.

Dowser

@Merrily1 wrote:

Interesting question about the plan - but for me my plan has not changed and my old watch worked fine with One Number. All I did was get a later model of the watch

Some users have found that visiting a Telstra store and requesting that Mobile Protect be disabled from their mobile service has provided a solution to the One Number problem.

Secondly, you may have to disconnect your previous device because only one device can use One Number at a time.

To do that, read the following:

If you wish to connect a different cellular-enabled smart watch, you can do so via the Watch app on your iPhone or the Galaxy Wearable app on your Samsung phone. Doing so will disconnect your currently connected cellular-enabled smart watch from the network.

read about this at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/use-manage-telstra-one-number

Jupiter

@Merrily1 are you Karen in disguise? Or are you a different person who has their own issue that is happening?

What is totally unrelated to the issue in hand? I have only suggested a change in APN to try as the recent iOS updates caused some phones data connections to fail to work correctly using the standard telstra.wap APN. You need a properly working mobile data connection to associate the watch to the phone service.

Merrily1

No mobile protect

Old watches are disconnected from One Number.. took half a day to get Telstra to get that right.  

On Extras tab on the Telstra App there is now an Activate option.  That just leads (hyperlink) to an Error 404 page.  As does a *Manage* option too by the way. 

Two different watches.. two different operating systems. For both.. we still can't connect the watches to the one number plan on the corresponding mobile number.   Yes one watch one mobile plan each in case you are wondering.  This is not an Apple or A Samsung issue this is a Telstra issue... we tried  with all 4 of the Telstra IDs that are linked with the main account.. still no joy.  

Jupiter

You will need to contact an online consultant to help get this resolved. I suspect it has to do with the rollout of the new platform that Telstra is migrating to (which is the reason why the current "Upfront" plans are compatible yet).

Merrily1

Thanks  but we have just completed two full days at our computers with online agents.. resulting in them canceling and setting up our plans without our agreement.  Nothing has changed wrt the issue as logged. I'm not joking we hardly left the office.  We are both technically very able.. so also can engage by clearly describing the symptoms without suggesting solutions.. in case things get confusing for them.  Yesterday alone they passed me through no less than 4 agents during the course of the day until at midnight I had to sleep.  This morning I woke up to a message saying they had fixed the issue and credited my account$10a month.  Then closed the case.  Guess what.. nothing had changed.. still have the exact same issue. 

Jupiter

Unfortunately there is no other solution available. Your only other route is to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints which will take 5 business days to get an initial response (so if you lodge that today it will be at least Wednesday next week).

Merrily1

Yes.. we decided this morning to go down that path.. as Gold Customers I hate to think what the others who are not are experiencing.. we are also going to the Ombudsmen and also TV media.. enough on this forum and on our sessions with the agents to give them material forever. Thanks

Jupiter

Just don't bother going to Channel 9, they can't even manage their own IT issues.

And the TV networks haven't responded to things like this in the past.

Merrily1

Not surprised.. but worth exploring all avenues until this dead duck in charge of a major Telco network is visible to all and one day some where someone may get some justice.. May not be us but worth throwing a couple starfish until the ocean for the greater cause. Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit