Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra prepaid alf app unmetered via hotspot.

Hi, I have an iPhone via Telstra prepaid and receive the AFL app free for doing so which I love, so thanks to Telstra. 

I usually watch games via the app on my iPad as it is a bigger screen size via Telstra home NBN so meterage is not an issue. 

I know watching games via the Telstra AFL is unmetered for Telstra customers on their mobile device but I'm wondering if it is unmetered if I use my Telstra phone to hotspot to my iPad to watch the games that way? 

I don't use much data at all but when I seem to hotspot the app on my iPad via my phone my data usage seems to skyrocket, hence my question. 

Thanks in advance for your helpful response.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra prepaid alf app unmetered via hotspot.

Hi @Kantong,

Thanks for your enquiry and it's great to hear you are loving the AFL app!

Unfortunately if you set up a hotspot from your Telstra mobile to your iPad this does not provide unmetered access to the AFL Live service. Usage would count in this instance. If your iPad has the ability to directly accept a Sim card (eg a data and wifi ipad) this may be an option, however regrettably tethering your iPad via your mobile will not make this unmetered.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply. In the meantime I hope you keep enjoying the AFL app!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit