Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Text notification of missed call.

Samsung S9 work mobile with Telstra.

To date, anytime I have missed a call a little icon appears in top left corner as a quick visual to advise missed call. If caller has left a message it goes to voicemail as it should. A couple of days ago I started getting a text message as well. Msg reads : You missed a call, but the caller didn’t leave a message. How has this suddenly come about ? Have I inadvertently changed something in Settings without knowing it ? I called in to local Telstra store and, lovely as they are, they were of no help at all. I only need the icon. I don’t need added texts coming in.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Danger. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Text notification of missed call.

Hi Danger, the best bet to get that switched off will be to message us via the My Telstra app: https://tel.st/vpjed

Let me know how you go Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I've also started receiving these missed called txt messages from last week. Very annoying! I already know the person called, and that I missed (or intentionally didn't answer the call). Why do I also need a txt message stating the same. Seems very superfluous. And probably costly.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I also find this annoying. I don't know why anyone wants to receive a text telling them that someone "didn't leave a message."

I guess most users will just put up with this but I need to take a stand.

I've sent support a message via the My Telstra app. Waiting for a reply.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

The hang up message is something that you can actually turn off yourself through the Messagebank settings. It is a feature because there are times where the call won't come through to your phone (if it is off or out of range of the network for example) so having a notification that someone tried to call, even if they didn't leave a message can be useful. If you would like to turn it off though, you can follow these instructions:

Dial 101

Select option 3 - Setup

Select option 6 - hang up message service

Select option 1 - do not notify

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit