Berven
Level 1: Cadet

Texts refusing to go through to some numbers only

I am at my wits' end. I have recently moved to australia. I have switched over to pre-paid for the time being. But now my imessage won't activate, whatsapp says my new number is not a valid australian mobile number, and some of my texts won't go through. Only some numbers are affected, the ones i used to use whatsapp for. Nothing i do is fixing it. I did a sim swap, i toggled the flight mode, i deleted and reloaded whatsapp, i restarted a million times. The guys at the local telstra is shrugging. They have no idea why. Neither have i. Can someone help? Please? Pretty please? I have an iphone 5.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
TheL
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Texts refusing to go through to some numbers only

Hi Berven, 

Welcome to Crowdsupport. 

Can you tell me what iOS version you are using? If you're using iOS7, we've been working with Apple to investigate delays some people are having and hope to have more info soon. 

With regards to apps, you may need to install and uninstall the app or reset the phone. Before resetting, be sure to back your device up. 

- Luis

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Berven

Hi luis. Have done all of the above. Still not working. I have ios7, but the sms problem came from before the apple upgrade.
I am rather desparate to resolve this problem. Thanks!
Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Berven,

Have you raised this case with Mobile Faults yet? You can contact them via 13 22 00.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

aguidera

This is happening to me. I am about to throw my phone out the window (of a very tall building).

How did you resolve it??

Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys we will need to grab your account details to assist with the above, best option is to contact either live chat : https://livechat.telstra.com/ or ringing 13 22 00 for our mobile faults team.

- Jon

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit