Tracymaria
Level 1: Cadet

This handset has been blocked on this network.

I have been battling with Telstra  for over a week now as nobody is able to solve my problem. I even spent 3 hours on the phone to them to only get hung up on. I have upgraded from an iphone 7 + to an iphone 8+ and received a new sim. Since then, when trying to make a voice call  I get the automated message "This handset has been blocked on this network. For further information please call your service provider's customer support area". Text messages also do not send. This only happens when 3G is on. However i can make calls and texts on when 4g is enabled. when 4g is enabled or if i am travelling somewhere where it drops out i am then left without any network at all. 

I have been to store and they are unable to help me as my account is on "provisions" status.  Does anyone have any other suggestions with what's going on?

Specific Issues:

- Cannot make or receive voice calls on 3G.

- Have full reception.

- Cannot send/ receive SMS's on 3G. 

- Can access data.

- iphone 8+ - No changes made to any settings to initiate an issue.

Please help. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: This handset has been blocked on this network.

@Tracymaria

The message you're hearing: "This handset has been blocked on this network" only happens when there is IMEI Blocking applied to the phone - usually because it's been reported lost/stolen.

I would assume that you can make calls and send SMS if you use another phone?

If that's the case, contact the Mobile Tech Team on 125111 so that the IMEI blocking can be investigated.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TheChosenOne
Level 8: Inspector

Re: This handset has been blocked on this network.

Hi Tracymaria,
Before anything else, try to restore factory settings of your phone. The previous reply is correct, when IMEI has been blocked, that's the error reflecting.
Always here to help. Please don't forget to click the Like button if you "like" what I suggested Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit