DACW
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to access Telstra Mail from iPad

For no evident reason, my Telstra Mail access suddenly stopped in Apple Mail. I tried to get to Telstra Mail with Safari but I get a "This Connection is Not Private" notification. I tried Firefox and Chrome and they get the same block. Every other website works normally, including my Telstra account. I tried to open Telstra Mail in Safari using mobile broadband too, same result. No problem on other devices, just my iPad Pro. I have cleared the cache, reset the network and settings - same result. Anyone have any dieas?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to access Telstra Mail from iPad

The certificate for the Telstra Mail servers was revoked about a week ago and the Apple Mail products and the browsers (in which you can still get through by expanding the details and selecting proceed anyway) don't like it.

Apparently Spark may work (available in app store).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DACW

Great thanks. Telstra and Apple tech support both gave up on me. Spark has worked and the Telstra Mail is coming through. Thanks for your help and hopefully Telstra might do something about their certificate.

Ed1147
Level 1: Cadet

Same, My issue remains IPad 6 shows site not trusted and certificate show as not supported

Spark shows same as all browsers, however my other IPad 6 and iPhone  8 and iPhone 11 ALL work ok!!

Nobody seems to be able to tell me how to fix, I done all the recommended methods reset etc etc nothing works in this Ipad

DACW

I did find that Spark gave the same connection problem initially but a link in the message allowed me to continue without the certificate and it accepted that and all is now well. Interestingly I cannot get to CrowdSupport or Mail from the iPad but can get to my account login just fine. Another triumph for Telstra!

Ed1147
Level 1: Cadet

Ok thanks however without certificate ,as I understand it, it is a Not secure connection and it is risky prefer no to do it. I think I’ll keep but Telstra mail on my IPhone.

bty the way the issue applies to  the App and all browsers trying to running the link

DACW

Yes, same with the browsers on mine. I am kind of hoping that Telstra might fix the problem sometime soon, although its hard to know how many are affected as it seems OK on some Apple devices (and thus whether they can be bothered fixing it).

DACW

And now it is fixed and working properly again. Presumably Telstra sorted out the certificate after giving folk a problem for a week or so!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit