Nat3H
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to call/text/access internet

I have been unable to make phone calls, send texts or access the internet on my phone or my husband's.  We are on the same account and obviously there is some bar on the account even though it is fully paid.  I have tried several times to get Telstra to respond but the automatic messager keeps telling me to call an overseas number.  One I can't make phone calls & two I'm not overseas!!!

Can someone please assist?  We need to access our phones as my MIL is currently unwell & this is the only way we can be contacted in an emergency

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to call/text/access internet

The number you are being asked to call should be +61 439 125 109, which is an Australian number (0439 125 109).

Go to https://fix.telstra.com and it will run you through some troubleshooting, account checks and automated network checks to try and get you up and running. It can be run from a PC.

You could also try changing the APN on your phone too telstra.iph but that  would only help with data.

It sounds like an account level issue given that both phones aren't working.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit