adamkazemi
Level 2: Rookie

unable to connect to icloud with Telstra 30.0 carrier settings on IOS 11.1

Anyone else encountering an issue signing in to icloud with Telstra 30.0 carrier settings on IOS 11.1?

I receive the prompt "connect to the internet to sign in to your iPhone" while using mobile data. Mind you, safari and other apps (e.g. fb) have no issue using mobile data.

I am able to sign-to icloud while using Wifi however hence why I ask the question.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: unable to connect to icloud with Telstra 30.0 carrier settings on IOS 11.1

@adamkazemi

I've not experienced this problem myself, and I have full access to all iCloud features using iOS 11.1 and Service Provider Telstra 30.0.

If you still have this issue today, are you able to reset your Network Settings?

To do that, go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings - and follow the prompts.

Your phone will restart once done.

You won't lose any data from your phone, however you will need to manually reconnect to any Wi-fi Networks that you usually use.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

adamkazemi

Thanks for your reply, DeltaSquad.

I’m still encountering the issue, and had tried reseting my network settings yesterday but to no avail.
adamkazemi

So, I tried a backdoor method with the same outcome (unable to login to icloud) however the response now is different - i get a “Verification failed” prompt twice.

The first suggests “there was a problem connecting to the server”, then is immediately followed by the message “an unknown error occured”. Mind you, this is all while using mobile data.

To do this, rather than selecting the first option under settings menu to sign-in to the phone, i go to the iTunes and App store sub menu and enter my Apple Id. Once I’ve signed in, the option at the top of the settings menu recognises my apple id but i need to enter my password again to access icloud. This is when I receive those prompts.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@adamkazemi

Thanks for the further clarification.

It is strange that this only occurs via Mobile Data.

Out of interest, is there any difference if you try this either over 4G or over 3G?

Or is the issue location specific - Have you tried in a completely different location?

I have been doing some reading about the issue and some users with a similar problem has been able to restore functionality after a restore to their previous back up.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit