Level 1: Cadet

Unable to log in to bigpond on iphone (incorrect password) but can use Webmail

I have not been able to access Bigpond emails on my phone now for weeks. For no reason my Outlook App logged me out and everytime I try to log back in using my Bigpond details it tells me the password is incorrect. But it can't be because it's the password I use on a Desktop computer to log into Webmail. Weird thing is can't log into Webmail on my phone...help help help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to log in to bigpond on iphone (incorrect password) but can use Webmail

I have had the same problem for several weeks - I have not changed my password but Bigpond.com tells me my login credentials are wrong. The problem is that if you try to reset your password they send an email to the bigpond.com email address which of course you can't access. Did you solve the issue?.

Re: Unable to log in to bigpond on iphone (incorrect password) but can use Webmail

No solution. It's so frustrating! I ended up setting up a Gmail account and having all my emails forwarded to that so I can access them. I've had that Bigpond email address for over 20 years and nobody at Telstra has been able to help me sort it out. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jojo30. 

We will need to manually reset this for you in this case. 

To do this, please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/4m5df). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Email password reset" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

You can also try calling on 133933 but wait times are long at the moment as we are still recovering from the events of the last 6 to 9 months and the impacts this has had on our call centres.

Please let me know how you go.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Noosaheads. The same advice as I gave JoJo30. 

We will need to manually reset this for you in this case. 

To do this, please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/4mlp5). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Email password reset" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

You can also try calling on 133933 but wait times are long at the moment as we are still recovering from the events of the last 6 to 9 months and the impacts this has had on our call centres.

Please let me know how you go.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit