Mattcoll
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to receive calls and texts but can send texts and call

Have a note 5 have been unable to receive calls and text all day but can make call and send text anyone know how to fix this i have tried :
Reset
Switch off for 5 min
Clear cache
Deleted old text
Switched off/on mobile data and same for flight mode

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Unable to receive calls and texts but can send texts and call

Hey Matt,

There is an intermittant national outage on mobile services which may be playing a part of your issues... the details are sketchy on the service status page but it does suggest those sorts of issues.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

DrQ

NationalMobile Platform

Current Interruption
Some Mobile customers may experience difficulties making or receiving voice calls or using data services.
12 Oct 2015
08:30
TBC
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

keiraleigh
Level 2: Rookie

Yeah I'm having the same problem. Not received anything all day but can make calls n texts. spoke to partner who said he'd sent me numerous texts. spoke to someone in stay connected who transfered me to some insurances department. 30 mins on hold they said " we will transfer you to blah blah so they can try rectify it for you " if its just a technical issue I assume it'll rectify itself. but the way it was said to me it may be something I need to do? Giving up for now Will restart my phone tomorrow and see if anything comes thru.
DrQ

Mine has been super delayed getting messages, one sent to me this morning about 9am, I got about an hour ago at 6:30pm or something... so yeah... seems this fault is causing problems... it however might be a combination of issues..
Helpful Links

kazcat73

I am having a similar issue, except that mine has been ongoing for months and I am unable to receive SMS and voice calls from only 2 specific people. I have no issues receiving SMS and voice calls from anyone else.
ChrisMutch

I have an LG phone and didn't realise till about half an hour ago when I rang my husband to see why he hadnt replied to my texts that he had, I just havent received them ..same with the phone call, I called him but when he calls mine it says I'm switched off or out of range and try again later Smiley Sad Have tried restarting, taking battery out etc .. no change Smiley Sad

ddtaylor

Same issue all day on one of my Telstra mobiles, Samsung Galaxy. My iphone is ok. On the phone to Telstra for 2 hours today and then they told me there is an outage but was supposed to be fixed hours ago. Currently on hold again to Telstra. Any suggestions other than going to bed and trying tomorrow??

DrQ

considering the fault is still listed as active and not resolved... I am going to go with it is unlikely that speaking to them is going to be of any benefit until the team working on the issue are able to resolve it...
Helpful Links

keiraleigh

so after a fb post i made a friend commented that their partner had gotten thru to techs at telstra.

you dial ##21# on your keypad and call. it starts some MMI thing. do it twice or more. instantly my msgs came thru after doing it twice. thr tech also said removing sim and putting it back can help if the # thing doesnt.
ddtaylor

After 2 hours on the phone, someone from telstra (Grace) finally new what she was talking about.

Heres the solution.

Dial, that is Call ##21#. This turns call forwarding off, and all is fixed.

Call forwarding has been activated on some phones due to a technical fault and this turns it off

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit