KayBee21
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to receive texts/verification codes

hi there,

I have a problem with receiving one time codes & verification texts from my bank, Afterpay & also some confirmation texts from my dr.

I started having this problem a few years ago when I moved from Vodafone to Telstra & some people said that when they tried to call me it said my number was disconnected. I also can’t receive texts from Vodafone users either.

I spent an hour on the phone to Vodafone this week, 2 hours on the phone to Telstra, 2 hours in a Telstra store with no luck.

I actually want to cry.

Please can someone help me. I’m thinking of just moving my phone plan elsewhere & beginning again. But someone HAS to be able to fix this? 

Smiley Sad

Kirsty Boyce

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Unable to receive texts/verification codes

Kirsty,

have a read of a thread created by a user having similar issues:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/network-roaming/service-sms-not-received/m-p/923465/highlight...

Dowser

Please clarify what your current issues are, rather than the historical ones.

Have you tried putting your SIM card into a different phone to see if it makes a difference?.

KayBee21
Level 1: Cadet

These are my current issues Smiley Happy .... and ongoing.... 

I have gotten a new phone just 8 weeks ago & hoped this might fix it... but the problem is still happening. Telstra wouldn’t replace the sim.

Kirsty Boyce
Dowser

It sounds like a porting issue (like in that other thread).

Did you ask for a new SIM at a Telstra store?.  If so, I would revisit a store & speak to the manager.

Please let me know how you go because I am compiling a dossier of such issues to write to the CEO about.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It definitely sounds like a porting issue. The most likely cause is that Vodafone hasn't put a redirect record into the phone numbers database to point the incoming call/message to look to the Telstra network (the phone network looks to the provider that the number was originally allocated to and then they need to put in a redirect record if the number is ported away).

You will need to contact Telstra and ask them to get the Vodafone porting team to check that the records have been updated correctly.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit