Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unlock iPhone 6

purchased an iPhone 6 over two years ago and was on a post paid plan for the same amount of time. I have now moved this service to a different carrier however i am getting the SIM invalid screen. I have tried calling Telstra by every means possible but have had no luck. All i want is for the phone to be unlocked. I have tried to online unlocking service but that didn't work. If someone at Telstra can please help. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 20: Director

Re: Unlock iPhone 6

Hi Birdie2600,

Telstra site says: 

We don’t currently lock Telstra mobiles on a month-to-month plan to our network. If you’re on a month-to-month plan and believe your phone is locked to our network:

• Call 13 22 00 and say ‘unlock handset’.

• Visit your nearest Telstra store.

However I think they were locked some years ago if you purchased the phone through a mobile repayment plan

Of course it is near impossible to get through to 132200, and the T Shops are closed (Some may re-open on Tuesday?)

There are some useful tips in the following link that may help, but I note that it will only work on phones purchased from Telstra and the process takes 72 hrs.

Let me know how it goes.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobiles-Tablets/How-To-Unlock-Apple-iPhone-from-Telstra/ta-p/...

If I've been of assistance please assist others by marking the post accordingly. Click the "Like" button,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit