Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unlock iPhone 8

Answered
I am currently in he USA and want to change my SIM to a T-Mobile SIM for the month that I am here. My phone is on a plan back home in Australia. How do I unlock the phone from Telstra for 1 month?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Unlock iPhone 8

If it's on a postpaid plan then your handset is not network locked. You should just be able to put another SIM in your phone.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi JKR123, you can request to unlock the handset. You can do this by going to https://tel.st/5wnkq If you have any difficulty doing this, we do have a dedicated International Team available to help. Now if you have International Roaming in place this is a freecall. They can assist by calling +61439125109

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Accepted Solution

If it's on a postpaid plan then your handset is not network locked. You should just be able to put another SIM in your phone.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit