Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unlock Iphone

Hello! I´ve received a 2nd hand iphone from my brother in Australia, and I´m living in Argentina. The phone is locked for usage with any supplier here and I would like to unlock it. Can you help me please? All the answers showed seems not to be a solution as I´ve tried introducing IMEI number and page says "It looks like something´s wrong..." and here at the page some solutions says that I have to call some number from Australia. Your help will be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unlock Iphone

Unlocking can usually only be performed by the original owner of the phone.

To get in contact with Telstra to arrange unlocking, you would need to send a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts for assistance (normally you would need to send a message using the My Telstra app, but given that you are outside Australia and not a Telstra customer, that probably won't work).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi - another thing check is that if you brother has deleted the iPhone from his Apple ID account - that releases it from your brother's account in the Apple System and after that it should be factory reset which will wipe the contents, allowing you to set up the phone afresh with a new local SIM and your details. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks! I’ve installed the ap on my phone and could connect with telstra guys. As I’m not client they sugest me to assist my brother in contact them to unlock this phone (some thousands of miles away lol)...I will try to do it with some help...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit